Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Awesome line drawing Traynor! this thing is even bigger than I thought it would be... We may be close to half way floor-wise, but that halfway doesn't include the monstrous slope!

Yesterday:

7901077242_44ce7362e2_c.jpg

7901071838_c525e1d0b4_c.jpg

These last two were kinda failed attempts:

7901092450_7c6e6d97fe_b.jpg

7901083214_6c5f906799_b.jpg

Wow Traynor. Its even taller than I imagined. I'd say its hard to believe, but I have made the mistake of questioning render heights from you in the past.

Awesome line drawing Traynor! this thing is even bigger than I thought it would be... We may be close to half way floor-wise, but that halfway doesn't include the monstrous slope!

I was actually too hasty when I guessed at the height for the finished Aura... Believe it or not... It's too short in my line drawing!!!!

In Steveve's picture Aura is at approximately at 115 meters. So Double that and you still have 47 meters above that to the top of the crown!!!! Yikes!!!

I was actually too hasty when I guessed at the height for the finished Aura... Believe it or not... It's too short in my line drawing!!!!

In Steveve's picture Aura is at approximately at 115 meters. So Double that and you still have 47 meters above that to the top of the crown!!!! Yikes!!!

That's unbelievable. The difference in height between Aura and the low and midrise buildings in the foreground will be quite stark.

A picture of the completed Aura will be in all the dictionaries under the entry "beast".

I hope some other tall buildings will go up in the neighborhood. Otherwise, the area will look like the CBD back in the 60's after the TD Centre went up. It dwarfed everything else and looked disproportionate until the other central towers began to be built.

Of course, the other problem is if there is a high number of buildings of similar height with little apparent variation. The NYCC seems a bit that way to me.

I hope some other tall buildings will go up in the neighborhood. Otherwise, the area will look like the CBD back in the 60's after the TD Centre went up. It dwarfed everything else and looked disproportionate until the other central towers began to be built.

Well, there are plenty of 100m+ buildings within a couple of blocks of Aura, and even a handful of 150m+ buildings. The problem is that Aura is so tall that it dwarfs even a 163m building like Burano. We need several additional 200m+ buildings nearby to keep Aura from utterly dominating its immediate surroundings.

That row of buildings on yonge looks so nice. Its the storefronts which are not nice. That street could look gorgeous.

That row of buildings on yonge looks so nice. Its the storefronts which are not nice. That street could look gorgeous.

I agree, there are some beautiful, old buildings along Yonge Street, that just need a good renovation and a decent store front. If we could only get the owners to have a little respect for their own properties, (and spend some cash) we could actually have a pretty decent retail strip.

Had some family visit for the long weekend and they stayed at the Delta Chelsea. Here are some pics I managed to get from the balcony (which they've nailed shut so that you can only open the door about 3 or 4 inches).

The cladding looks quite nice up close (and notice that the dark cladding is only angled on the one side).

Ztwhe.jpg

zJJFA.jpg

87qUu.jpg

Not a very pretty perspective...
JMzqv.jpg

Back