Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

26 May 2012: The Beast makes an appearance--do you know which crane it is?

023vi.jpg

Boy that's a lot of mullions... I would have much preferred larger panels of glass to make this thing look less busy.

I'm not liking that unnecessary horizontal silver strip that has appeared about 15 floors up :/

I'm not liking that unnecessary horizontal silver strip that has appeared about 15 floors up :/

According the rendering, it appears that such a strip will appear every several floors, much like at Couture. That must be G+C's new thing to do.

Very observant of you! I never noticed that. In that case, I wouldn't mind if they had made it stick out a bit further/more prominent. We'll see when more of them go up though :).

Re: the "millions of mullions" effect, count me among the many scared, at this point in time. I'll do my best not to judge until this thing progresses more. It looks cheap at this point in time.

Boy that's a lot of mullions... I would have much preferred larger panels of glass to make this thing look less busy.

that would cost more money, and this design-build firm ALWAYS pursues the cheapest option. it's the exact same window wall system that they've used on their smaller monuments to mediocrity, like "DNA".... multiplied by oh, 10,000% or so.

40bdb099.jpg

Back