Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I'm sorry to say this but that street does not look good AT ALL!!!! I don't know what but it needs a lot of work!!!

Yonge!!! The part u see in the picture.

Good grief. Do you prefer this mess?

yd.jpg

I'm sorry to say this but that street does not look good AT ALL!!!! I don't know what but it needs a lot of work!!!

Somehow, in that shot it is still the old Yonge Street south of College/Carleton, not the new.

The more things change the more they remain the same?

Neither, nor!!!! All of yonge needs a face lift!!! In my opinion! But don't know how they could pull it off!

Probably. First off every time someone visits tToronto for sure goes to yonge st, because its the city's main artery. Yet, there's not much on it, except for the eaton centre. If they made it one way, maybe they could widen the sidewalks, plant some trees with small flower boxes, add a bike lane and watch it get much more appealing and civilized. Take a street that runs north and south and have one run N and yonge S or vice versa. I don't see any other way. They did that with maisonneuve in Montreal and it looks amazing in the summer with cute bikers and in some spots they have flowers and trees.
What do u guys think??

Keep in mind it's not Yonge, its this segment of Yonge.

Walk on Yonge north of Bloor all the way up to York Mills ... tons of interesting / unique retail (though generally higher end).

Having said that I think Yonge south of Bloor and has a certain charterer.

Now of course from a public space point of view Yonge should / can be redone.

I like to sum it up this way;

It is a little bit unfortunate that the areas of Yonge that the *majority* of visitors / population find the most interesting exist north of Bloor, an area most tourists (and potentially Torontians alike) will not experience.

Keep in mind it's not Yonge, its this segment of Yonge.

Walk on Yonge north of Bloor all the way up to York Mills ... tons of interesting / unique retail (though generally higher end).

Having said that I think Yonge south of Bloor and has a certain charterer.

Now of course from a public space point of view Yonge should / can be redone.

I like to sum it up this way;

It is a little bit unfortunate that the areas of Yonge that the *majority* of visitors / population find the most interesting exist north of Bloor, an area most tourists (and potentially Torontians alike) will not experience.

I totally agree with u. Years ago as I was driving back to Montreal from Toronto, I took yonge all the way up to 401 and I was very pleasantly surprised as to how pretty it was as I went went past bloor.

Taal is correct, north of Bloor the buildings are generally in much better shape and have endless neighbourhood and specialty shops that serve the communities they are located in very well.
The City needs to address the condition of storefronts and signage on Yonge downtown with landlords, after that let it happen organically. More constructions like Aura is the last thing Yonge Street needs.

I'd say wider sidewalks on Yonge (south of Bloor) are a must.

Just decrease the number of lanes from 4 to 2.

Back