Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Any idea about the new release of three floors at Aura? floors 36, 37 and 38 with approximately $725 per square feet. Did the builder add 3 more floors?

I posted on here like 2-3 months ago that the height/ floor increase was approved. LOL no body wants to listen, just speculate from people who dont know or are not in the industry. Feels good to be right. On another note, the largest health club in north america has signed on to run the gym in Aura which will be approximately an acre? in size. Based on what I heard, I think it is Bally's.

Saint: Canderel told us two weeks ago that they have not released three more floors in the building.

I posted on here like 2-3 months ago that the height/ floor increase was approved. LOL no body wants to listen, just speculate from people who dont know or are not in the industry. Feels good to be right. On another note, the largest health club in north america has signed on to run the gym in Aura which will be approximately an acre? in size. Based on what I heard, I think it is Bally's.

Bally's departed Canada about 5 years ago. I'd be surprised that they intend to return. I'd also be surprised that they're not bound by a non-compete provision when they sold their Canadian operation to Goodlife.

Given that Winners and Marshalls are owned by the same parent (TJX - which also owns TJ Maxx), I'm not sure what kind of "stiff competition" they will bring. It's sort of like a Best Buy and a Future Shop beside each other!

That said, while I'm no fan of Winners/Marshalls personally, it will definitely bring in a lot of additional foot traffic, which should be good for the complex overall.

Sometime ago, I had suggested that, perhaps, Zanzibar be brought on to one of the floors. I guess nobody listened.:)

This thread is about Aura, not the about your experiences at the Apple Store. There is a thread in the retail section for that.

I posted on here like 2-3 months ago that the height/ floor increase was approved. Feels good to be right.

The builder recently announced extra floors have NOT been approved, so wouldn't say you're right...

the largest health club in north america has signed on to run the gym in Aura which will be approximately an acre? in size.

I assume you're referring to the resident's gym on the 4th floor?

Last edited:
Speaking of three extra floors, I’d personally like to see “Canada’s Tallest Residential Building†push for at least another 10-15 if they wish to hold this title for more then a couple years. With all these new 75-100 story building announcements/rumours recently, Aura’s 75-78 floors just doesn’t seem that special anymore…

Crazy, I know.

Great news on Marshall. Staying on topic regarding the retail portion of this building. I recieved a letter from Aura regarding my retail unit that I have to submit drawings/designs & my lawyer information for my underground small retail unit by Jan 31,2012.

This shows me that there likely won't be much delay beyond the June 2012 occupancy date for the retail stores, especially with these big retailers signing on board. Roughly June 2012 should be the time we expect all the retails stores are Aura starting to open up.

Great news on Marshall. Staying on topic regarding the retail portion of this building. I recieved a letter from Aura regarding my retail unit that I have to submit drawings/designs & my lawyer information for my underground small retail unit by Jan 31,2012.

This shows me that there likely won't be much delay beyond the June 2012 occupancy date for the retail stores, especially with these big retailers signing on board. Roughly June 2012 should be the time we expect all the retails stores are Aura starting to open up.

Hey, this is an exciting news. Keep us posted.

On another note, the largest health club in north america has signed on to run the gym in Aura which will be approximately an acre? in size. Based on what I heard, I think it is Bally's.

Could be 24 Hour Fitness.
One of the investors with Steve Nash in Vancouver's Steve Nash Sports Club/Fitness World is associated with 24 Hour Fitness - so if they are looking at expanding in the Canadian market - that could be it.

Can you give us an idea what the makeup of these small retail units are so far, if you know ? i.e. what type of stores.

The one thing I get worried about; I look at Yonge and Dundas and anything in the basement, which has a direct connection to one of the busier subway stations struggle to stay afloat, moreover there are a couple spots that have been for lease for months.

I just really don't want this to happen here.

The builder recently announced extra floors have NOT been approved, so wouldn't say you're right...

I assume you're referring to the resident's gym on the 4th floor?

Ya they had a special meeting on Tuesday for brokers who sold in AURA @ DNA3 and that is when they released the info. They were waiting for that occasion, because it was invite only.

I was staying at the Delta last weekend and took these... so this is what those people that have the north view are going to get to see...

6356225865_561344e074_b.jpg

6356229237_cda6af17c8_b.jpg

Back