Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

If Canderal would just fire their architect...

... (they have an architect? lol.) and get someone decent--maybe from another Canadian city even? (montreal?) A Teeple highrise would be awesome! Anyhow, if they'd get someone who actually understood the language of modern architecture, the Modern Toronto Aesthetic: I reckon they could easily find a way to build 100 floors at this location!

However, I have no faith in the guys responsible for DNA&co.

Its interesting that the mammoth residential towers are not going onto Bay or Cityplace, but rather Yonge (1 Bloor East, ROCP 3).

I am not aware of a "Haytar Street", also by "articulated" do you mean described more clearly, or is that an architectural term?

Thanks

Haytar Street once existed at the northern edge of the property just south of College Street. It is planned to be re-opened as a pedestrian corridor linking the park to Yonge Street.

Articulated essentially means the city would like to see more setbacks as the tower rises so that it tapers back at different levels rather then just rising vertically from the curb to the pinnacle.

Some updates on the development should be available soon.

Much like they do in NYC since the 1930 I think.With set backs you can get away with more height without effecting the feeling of the street. It also creates a much more jagged skyline and you don't end up with tall buildings that go right up to the property lines and are forced to put up tall blank windowless walls.

Update on the approval

Does anyone have any update on this project. I know that there was a hearing on July 19th for the number of floors proposed by the builder. I could not find any document stating the result of the hearing.

A pre-hearing occurred on July 19th and the City came to a settlement with the applicant. There will be another hearing on August 20th to hear evidence from the applicant and participants.

The application at the OMB was to allow for a mixed residential and commercial development consisting of a 75-storey residential tower and 17,000 square metres of commercial/retail space.

I don't have data yet regarding the terms of the settlement.

Hmmmm, like City Hall?

Back