Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I guess aquiring those permits would preclude any additional height for Aura as building permits are very expensive and it would be wasteful to get it now if you thought it would change in the next few months.

I think it has been said multiple times that the proponent does not plan to add additional floors to the structure - the financing arrangements are extremely complex for this project and there is little to no appetite for additional risks or increases to the equity.

It took over a year for the current project to arrange financing. An additional 10 floors would be a costly endeavour and I'm not sure Canderel has the appetite to re-open that process to find additional partners and satisfy all the other partners currently involved. Certainly a very very difficult (but not impossible) process.

I think it has been said multiple times that the proponent does not plan to add additional floors to the structure - the financing arrangements are extremely complex for this project and there is little to no appetite for additional risks or increases to the equity.

I didn't realise you spoke for the developer - how foolish of me to think there might be some confirmation from the developer after they hinted there might be an increase in height.

The developer has not "made hints" about additional floors for ages: it's been two or three years at least. This seems to be something that certain members here simply won't let go of. After attending the ground breaking ceremony, we reported that Canderel Stoneridge had no intention of seeking another ten floors. (Post 2679, page 179).

College Park 3

sany0137j.jpg

At the ceremonial groundbreaking event, the old idea of a potential height increase to 85 stories was dismissed as no longer being contemplated. Sorry!

Nice, miss one post and someone is sure to rip you a new one – but then too, make a post that’s not backed up by fact and someone else will rip you a new one.

............Sorry for being harsh. I just hate when people make shit up and pass it along as fact.

Fortunately that’s apparently not the case here.

Thanks for the excellent pictures, androiduk. Earlier today, I had walked by the site. From far away, it is not clear as to what is happening. However, your pictures give front row view of what's been happening. Please keep posting the pictures whenever you can.

Once again, thx for the excellent pictures.

I didn't realise you spoke for the developer - how foolish of me to think there might be some confirmation from the developer after they hinted there might be an increase in height.

Mike in To has been on Urban Toronto since the beginning and if he says its not going higher then it isn't going higher. He is one of the most respected members here and his info is gold.

From WhipperSnapper/Goodlookin' at SSP

small height increased proposed for Aura ... all mechanical ... no new floors ... 264 metres

Well that would make it one metre taller than TD Canda Trust tower and fourth tallest in T.O. - i believe

Last edited:

Back