Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

if someone has a question they should be able to ask with out being criticized …its better to ask questions now rather then look at information in the past because maybe someone has NEW information that would be useful. it’s a forum! its here for questions to be asked and answered. If someone keeps asking the same question ask for them to stop and then direct them to past information. I don’t understand why people are so RUDE on here sometimes. JEEEZZZ !!!

And I wasn’t specifically pointing at anyone particular (specially the last pasts Johnzzz or khristopher) I’m just saying!!! BE NICE and welcoming ppl!!!

Kronkie,

While that does seem to be your first substantive post yet, the questions you raise have been addressed many times. If one has a question, first, do some research - look at least a few pages back in the thread and often the answer will be there. If there doesn't seem to be any information, then a question is surely warranted. Problems arise when new members haven't taken the first step and done some research themselves.

If respect here is what you desire then quit with the "that looks awesome," and "SIIIIIICK tower" -style posts and contribute something of value. Hit up a sales center for model pictures, do a photo update of projects in your area - these are but two of the many ways of garnering respect here.

UrbanToronto is a forum, but it's one designed for a more mature audience - please try to keep the discourse at that level.

My first thought was that this was an April Fools joke, but it is true that the possibility has been left open for an additional 10 floors above the current 75 floors. Given current market conditions, the additional floors seem unlikely right now, but I believe that the building will be engineered to handle the additional floors regardless, so that a final decision will not need to be made until construction has reached the first of the penthouse-type floors. That will not happen for years yet, so hopefully the market will have recovered sufficiently to have the ten additional floors worth of units be absorbable.

I spoke to one of their sales rep today and i was informed that the building can withstand 86 stories and that it is very likely the builder will try to build these additional floors. However, she has also added that "nothing is set in stone"...that's what i was told, so don't shoot the messenger :D

This would be very interesting to see...possibly becoming the highest liveable floors/stories in Toronto??

By Stories alone it will be the tallest building in Canada.

luxome, did she happen to mention when they are starting construction? :)

With the additional floors this building should be around 275 meters tall, not to shabby. :)

If reaches 275 m it would be the exact same roof height of Australias "Q1 building" which is currently the tallest all-residential building in the world (based on the height of its spire). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q1_(building)

I wonder if they will try to go for a world record with this one?

luxome, did she happen to mention when they are starting construction? :)

she said this Fall, but no specific date was given.

With the additional floors this building should be around 275 meters tall, not to shabby. :)

Here are some notes that i jotted down:

Floors: 86
Suites: 1052
Spire: 301m
Roof: 290m

If reaches 275 m it would be the exact same roof height of Australias "Q1 building" which is currently the tallest all-residential building in the world (based on the height of its spire). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q1_(building)

I wonder if they will try to go for a world record with this one?

that will soon change :) Pentominium in Dubai will be tallest residential building (currently under construction). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentominium followed by Damac Heights (also in Dubai). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAMAC_Heights

Last edited:
you know jumping from 236M to 260M means you go from 200nd tallest to 100th tallest

It is at 243 M now...

Correction:

The city approved an extra 9 meters (for mechanical etc...) last month. The officially "approved" building height is 252 meters.

luxome,

Just curious, where did you source the following details?

Did this come from the sales centre?

Last edited:
Correction:

The city approved an extra 9 meters (for mechanical etc...) last month. The officially "approved" building height is 252 meters.

luxome,

Just curious, where did you source the following details?

Did this come from the sales centre?

Aura sales rep.

Maybe it's an inside information that is in the process of getting approval? don't know, just spreading what i was told.

Is anyone else getting the same information from their sales reps?

Is anyone else getting the same information from their sales reps?

Hmm... The sales reps have mentioned the extra height before, but never in such detail.

Interesting, very interesting...

Back