Toronto Atrium on Bay Expansion | 114m | 34s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

I may be selfish, but picturing this atrium being 4 stories taller suits my photographic needs well.

8672761205_b0f2f995c9_b.jpg

As I like to say, my favourite "Beatle balconies" in town

62-70.jpg

Well, this should be interesting to watch unfold.

I had a feeling they weren't just going to give up on this project. Especially with the rumblings of a department store to go in here...

As I like to say, my favourite "Beatle balconies" in town

Hah, now I just need to find a cheesy Beatles knock off band willing to pay me to take a similar shot...too bad oasis broke up.

I had a feeling they weren't just going to give up on this project. Especially with the rumblings of a department store to go in here...

Hmmm I must have missed said rumblings....care to educate me?

Someone I know who had some proximity to the project had told me that they were looking at a department store space for the main and lower level (if my memory serves me correctly), I believe where the food court currently sits. The project could have changed, but that was part of the plan at one point as far as I know.

It would make sense given the smaller retail seems to struggle in the Atrium, perhaps because it's indoor and overshadowed by the Eaton Centre's offerings and high visibility.

Thanks SP!RE! I wonder if Cadillac Fairview has ever tried to strike a deal to purchase Atrium...That would make a hell of an expansion if they could find a way to improve connections between the two properties.

Thanks SP!RE! I wonder if Cadillac Fairview has ever tried to strike a deal to purchase Atrium...That would make a hell of an expansion if they could find a way to improve connections between the two properties.

Yes they were given the option in the 80s but never pursued it (with regrets) and yes they are exploring are creating space for a flagship on Bay Street.

Yes, that would be great- add onto that the demolition of the Metropolis site. Build an extension of Eatons/the Atrium on Bay with bridges crossing Dundas and Yonge. Much better than what we have now.

It would make sense given the smaller retail seems to struggle in the Atrium, perhaps because it's indoor and overshadowed by the Eaton Centre's offerings and high visibility.

And compounded by how, maybe through the psychological effect of being fed by the bus terminal (or the 70-cent coffee and remainder-dated gourmet snack samples at the Kitchen Table), it, together w/Cumberland Terrace, is the primo hobo mall in the downtown core...

Yes they were given the option in the 80s but never pursued it (with regrets) and yes they are exploring are creating space for a flagship on Bay Street.

Have any details on prospective tenants come out? I can't imagine Sears (assuming they last) would be interested, so I would assume it's someone else from the States--unless Marks & Spencer is thinking of coming back.

I believe Target was the retailer they were trying to attract. I wonder if they would go for Nordstrom's since CF is unlikely to convince Sears to sell back their lease.

I believe Target was the retailer they were trying to attract. I wonder if they would go for Nordstrom's since CF is unlikely to convince Sears to sell back their lease.

Sears likely won't be around in its current form by the time this is built.

Back