Vaughan Atelier Park | 128.6m | 40s | Cortel Group | Arcadis

Cyber98

Member Bio
Reaction score
Another one at Highway 7 and Keele, Vmc is moving east!
Screenshot 2023-08-16 11.09.25 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 11.09.55 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-16 11.10.23 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-16 11.11.27 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-16 11.11.55 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-08-16 11.12.17 AM.png

Technically this is beyond VMC but I’m liking what is happening along Hwy 7. I’ll take condos over the desolate industrial plaza right now.

I think this stretch of Hwy 7 is just starting to get intensified now that Queens Park has mandated higher density along transit corridors and it’s also reasonably walkable to the future GO Barrie Line Station.

no other place can beat downtown Toronto when it comes to proposals . VMC be like Hold my beer. alot of proposals for VMC :D

I know DT gets more proposals, that was just a joke.
this is well outside of VMC.

It's actually a pretty terrible area. Not sure who would want to live here. I used to work around the corner and it's not a very nice spot other than some questionable BRT service and 407 access.

The area will get nicer as the plazas get redeveloped. I just wish it was easier redeveloping the low density subdivision south of 7.

The province also really needs to step up Viva and YRT service if they're gonna allow so much density. We're going to keep getting HBS type situations and it's gonna suck.

I’ll take condos over the desolate industrial plaza right now.
I'm concerned about losing trades/industry jobs here. Those jobs are more important than condos.

Not sure who would want to live here.
Precon units are nearly all investor owned rentals. And the way we're bringing people in, it doesn't matter who "wants" to live anywhere. People are forced to take whatever they're given.

Last edited:
I agree that this area of Vaughan is not really a great place for living at this time, but somebody has to be the first one to build. There is a Viva BRT station nearby so it is ultimately fair game for redevelopment.

All in all, it is good to see more proposals emerging outside of VMC proper. I know that it is probably better for the growing urban fabric in general to have most new development concentrated within VMC, but developers pushing the boundary like this will hopefully help the city think a little more ambitiously.

However, I do also agree that the slow loss of commercial/industrial land is something worth talking about. It is definitely not the most urban-forward kind of development, but I do think it is something we really do take for granted and perhaps need to start thinking about ways to density these lands like we have with condos/apartments.

Back