Vaughan ArtWalk District Phase 1 | 131m | 38s | SmartCentres | Hariri Pontarini

but.. why? It's odd.
It would make sense if it were a community centre type facility where the condo residents have access.

Or perhaps the developer is being "smart" by maximizing residential GFA of their tower by having indoor amenities located outside the building.

But I suppose we will have to wait for the documents to drop to learn more.

That amenity building sure isn't going to happen that form...
My thinking is that SmartCentres is thinking of doing something out of the box with the space, and has it labelled as "amenity" for now for whatever reason. It's just a little too odd otherwise to be used as straight private amenity space for residents.

What in the world is that little 4 storey thing on the corner.. looks.. interesting?
4 storey looking thing? That's what jumped out at you, and not... whatever this thing is?

weird.png

I didn't even bat an eye at the amenities building, I was too focused on the Chicago Bean's toenail clippings.

I live far from here but I remember stopping at this Walmart on my way to Wasaga beach last year. Didn't realize it won't last that long.

at this rate Vaughan will have the best architecture in Ontario in 10 years time. i just found out about this proposal. materials and design look good in the renders.. 👍

I'd assume this is all temporary until there are more proposals for the former Walmart site, but a Drive-In movie theatre (even with nearby light pollution) and food trucks would make for a fun summer destination!
Screenshot 2021-04-22 3.27.43 PM.png

Back