Toronto Aquabella at Bayside | 50.9m | 14s | Tridel | 3XN

I am very close now to be certain that GRC will be part of the exterior facades
I'm not very familiar with GRC, what other Toronto condos have used this type of cladding, and why would this be an advantage over other options?

I'm not very familiar with GRC, what other Toronto condos have used this type of cladding, and why would this be an advantage over other options?
Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete (more commonly known as GFRC when splitting the first two words up) was in vogue a few years ago, but I haven't seen much of it lately. IIRC, Okoskin was the brand name that blew into town at The Taylor on Dundas east of Carlaw. The brown slatted cladding in the images in this post is GFRC.

Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete (more commonly known as GFRC when splitting the first two words up) was in vogue a few years ago, but I haven't seen much of it lately. IIRC, Okoskin was the brand name that blew into town at The Taylor on Dundas east of Carlaw. The brown slatted cladding in the images in this post is GFRC.

I don't think it's being used much for multi residential projects because it has issues with colour fading and staining. Oko panels were used on a few of the condos near High Park as well.
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 11.04.59 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 11.04.14 AM.png

Last edited:

Back