Toronto Alfie Condos | 119.73m | 34s | Madison Group | superkül

20200715_185733.jpg

Event Information: 10-32 Raglan Avenue - Community Consultation Meeting

Date and time: Thursday, October 22, 2020 6:30 pm
Eastern Daylight Time (Toronto, GMT-04:00)
Change time zone
Duration:1 hour 30 minutes
Description:
The City has received an application to amend the Zoning By-Law to permit a new 28-storey residential building (95.2 metres) with 399 residential units and 148 vehicular parking spaces in a 2-level underground parking garage.

Please visit the Site's Application Information Centre website at https://aic.to/32RaglanAve for more information.

Commentary: What a useless park. Enlarging Humewood Park nearby would have a been a wiser choice.
Curious what the development next door has for park space. I remember the rational at the SAC meetings was that the park would be expanded north if 40 Raglan was redeveloped. My suggestion at the time was to narrow Raglan, as it's so overbuilt, and provide an expanded grass area wide enough for trees and a few benches. There is ~3 meters of completely wasted space. ~5.5 if you were bold and got rid of parking. Wouldn't be good for very many uses,, but it would add more than 2k square meters of space for trees in exchange for no reduction of road capacity. The prospect of narrowing a road seemed to be a non starter.

Glad to see a retail spot and some live work on the laneway. hopefully that starts a trend.

Curious what the development next door has for park space. I remember the rational at the SAC meetings was that the park would be expanded north if 40 Raglan was redeveloped.

40 Raglan is being re-developed (or is proposed to be) and does indeed include a park space proposal that is meant to run contiguous to this one.

Front Page story is below:

From the above:

1645567305866.png

When combining the two, you would get 420m2 of park.

Certainly better.

But still not very functional. That's almost dead on 1 acre. Big enough for a small playground, but not much more.

My suggestion at the time was to narrow Raglan, as it's so overbuilt, and provide an expanded grass area wide enough for trees and a few benches. There is ~3 meters of completely wasted space. ~5.5 if you were bold and got rid of parking. Wouldn't be good for very many uses,, but it would add more than 2k square meters of space for trees in exchange for no reduction of road capacity.

Excellent suggestion. I whole-heartedly support that.

The prospect of narrowing a road seemed to be a non starter.

Too often is......

New renderings are updated in the database! There is much project information updated in the description. The overall unit count changed from 399 units to 389 units. The total height of the building changed from 95.20m to 102.65m. The overall parking space count was reduced from 148 parking spaces to 122 parking spaces. Lastly, the overall building storey count remains at 28 storeys.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 11  2022 (1)-285.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 11  2022 (1)-286.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 11  2022 (1)-287.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 11  2022 (1)-291.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 11  2022 (1)-293.jpg

Meh... why do we make condos like this still???

I can't wait to "graduate" as a developer from single family/townhomes to condos which has been a dream of mine for a while... and just watch the condos I put together... colour, stone/glass, shape, etc. make or break a building.. I don't care about height at all. My target clients would be people that want to live in condos yet have the space of a single family residential without the $30m+ price tag of 2 floor/4 bedroom condos. Every single area would have emphasis put on from garbage, elevators, entrance, parking, etc. Condos nowadays just seem like a "tall" rushed project with colours you scratch your head about.

Sorry for the rant, LOL. Just getting annoyed with these buildings. No creativity, modernization, high tech, found at all.

Madison appears to be hinting that this condo will be launched in 2023:

“We’re also doing a lot of work in midtown in the Bathurst and St. Clair area and the Yonge and Eglinton area,” said Zagdanski. “Bathurst and St. Clair is working toward a launch in 2023.

Back