Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Taken June 6th, by me.

Absolute%20World%2001.jpg

Absolute%20World%202.jpg

...such a stunning building, soon to be plural when number 2 is tall enough...

There appears to be around 14 floors left to go for the south tower.

As seen from Dixie, just north of Bloor on June 7, 2010. Photo by me.
Absolute%20World%2003.jpg

Cladding for the 2nd Absoluteworld tower has arrived...currently stacked up on the first couple of floors, waiting for install....also, something new........they were attaching some kind of platforms, in an arc shape, on the undersides of Marilyn's balconies today (first couple of floors) - could be a base for some kind of cladding? never seen this anywhere before....didn't have my camera, sorry!

...such a stunning building, soon to be plural when number 2 is tall enough...

#2 seems to be moving a whole lot faster. They're around the 15th or 16th floor now. I think it's because the floor plates don't change as much and there is some efficiency found in the repetition.

#1 appears to be on the 40th or 41st foor - so basically imagine the current height of #2 stacked on top of the current height of #1, and that's how tall she'll be.

Will they be visible from Pearson? I'm increasingly impressed by Mississauga's skyline whenever I fly out of their airport - though I haven't actually visited the city in decades.

I agree, the skyline looks quite massive from Pearson. It looks like any major city in North America. Tourists who don't have a 'good sense of direction or unfamiliar' with the area could probably mistaken it for Toronto.

I was thoroughly impressed by Marilyn from the 403, heading eastbound. The hourglass shape she embodies (from that vantage point) is a stark contrast to her flat and rectingular neighbours within MCC.

probably the coolest condo design around.

I like how the building changes shape as you move around the building. Too bad the other three buildings in the Absolute development has no relationship with these two shapely towers.

Wow, I knew towers were going up in Mississauga but I didn't think it was that dense.

Curious question though, it there still lots of room to keep growing this way? I haven't been to Mississauga and I don't think Google Maps would help too much since development is getting pretty fast in the GTA.

What a fantastic shot! yyzer: are you the same yyzer at SSP?

Back