Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I think what ProjectEnd is referring to is the Design Contest that Fernbrook/Cityzen held for the public.....people were able to vote on their favourite design, and MAD won...there were ballot boxes at Square One - so it's really the people of Mississauga who chose this design...
Well technically that's not entirely true. You were able to vote online too, and you didn't have to live in Mississauga to vote.

nifty POV with these pics by NiMi1981 at SSC....

IMG_5874.JPG

IMG_5875.JPG

"AW5 coming along nicely"

IMG_5876.JPG

Everytime I see pics of this building from the south...it reminds me of that crazy tazmanian devil off of bugs bunny or a wicked tornado ripping through the streets of Sauga....love it!

Just this past week, I've really started to feel it's precense now. It towers over the intersection. It's so cool, considering that whole block was completely barren for so many years I've lived here.

3 more storeys and it will be halfway to the top.

Last edited:
Drove by these babies yesterday on my way back into the city. The podium towers over Hurontario. Its GREAT! The curve in the building also stands out more in person. Im really happy with how it is turning out.

The architectural features of the exterior of the building are quite stunning. They will certainly make a dramatic impact on the skyline when buildings 'D' and 'E' are at their full height. It is just a shame that all of the interior layouts have been so poorly conceived throughout both of these buildings as well as some of the loft units along Hurontario Street.

w15zj7.gif

I imagine it's hard to come up with good layouts for a building like this. But what are those things you've circled?

These are fan coil units providing hot and cold air to each suite. In my opinion, it's a little harsh to criticize designers for "poorly conceived layouts" due to fan coil locations. For the varying shape of each floor plate as you go up the building, these layouts are great, taking advantage of windows and large balconies part of every unit (In the end, this building will be notorious not only for its shape, but the incredible amount of natural light you get in every unit) If you look at any project, these units are always inconveniently located. To impede on bedrooms is better than taking away from a living space or kitchen :)

Back