Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

So the bottlecaps aren't being changed to be transparent glass after all, are they?

Yeah Cityzen ... what's happening with the 'bottle caps'? When it that change you've noted previously going to happen ??

Well, CityZen mentioned that tower D is 6 months till completion and tower E is 8 months. So, the bottlecaps should be gone in 6 months...

I'm sure it would change - looks ridiculous the way it is now (not just the colour). I'm glad to hear that occupancy is up to the 8th floor in tower 5... considering we will be on 27 :D only 115 long days ahead.

I'm sure there are occupants on this forum - what has the experience been like so far??

from today
DSCF0439.jpg

DSCF0455.jpg

Hi All, just on the comments about the cladding, the work at the top when completed will be darker to match the balance of the building.

Hi All, just on the comments about the cladding, the work at the top when completed will be darker to match the balance of the building.

I really love these towers but can you guys explain why such great buildings meet the street in such an unfortunate way? Why does the podium look so inappropriate for these towers? After going through all the trouble to hold a world-wide competition, then just fail so badly on the podium, is just incomprehensible to me. I'm really curious, how that happens.

Yeah... they really should have gone the whole 9 yards and used better materials (at the very least) or a better design for the podium. Sigh :(

Back