Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

adma, we can only hope the city has an Ari Up-inspired revolution.

Though cynics may argue, Toronto's version of the Absolute towers might look more like this
Mens_Viz_Oh_Lordy_Its_The_Fat_Slags_T_Shirt_from_Fame_and_Fortune_500_370_397_76.jpg

There were fireworks? Why has nothing been posted here about the topping off ceremony yet?

Yah I got some video of it but am having a hard time uploading to YouTube. It was a pretty good display that lasted almost 10 mins...

The topping off party was strictly invite only enforced by security...

Every time I see Jasonzed's name in the most recent post of a thread, I get all excited, like it's Christmas and I get to open a present.

Great pics as always Jason! Thanks.

BTW speaking of presents... For Christmas, I want a Salt Shaker and Pepper Mill set, shaped like Absolute World.

:D

As always Jasonzed ... great pics and many thanks !!

I must say despite my dislike of Daniels ... One Park Tower sure looks pretty impressive in your picture ... and its height (with the steep roof) seems somewhat comparable to Absolute World too (I'm sure part of it is due to the perspective) ~

I dislike this project simply because it can't be in Toronto.

meh I mentioned it before but I like College Park better then One Park Tower - I disk like the roof element. They're pretty similar buildings if you look closely.

meh I mentioned it before but I like College Park better then One Park Tower - I disk like the roof element. They're pretty similar buildings if you look closely.

One Park looks more Gotham City-esque. It's the roof element and the gargoyles that make me like it so much.

I dislike this project simply because it can't be in Toronto.

That is a very stupid reason to dislike a project. You dislike a project for it's design, etc. Not it's location. That's just jealousy, not dislike.

This project being Absolute World, not One Park Tower.

As always Jasonzed ... great pics and many thanks !!

I must say despite my dislike of Daniels ... One Park Tower sure looks pretty impressive in your picture ... and its height (with the steep roof) seems somewhat comparable to Absolute World too (I'm sure part of it is due to the perspective) ~

That is perspective, and also One Park Tower is on higher land. I really wish Absolute World could have been built on the higher land of City Centre, as it would appear much taller than it does :(

Last edited:
Crazy how in that top pick Mississauga looks like it has a dense downtown, that should be how it's shot with Absolute, framed by Park and the chicago towers. When you scroll down you see how spread out it can look , and it looses that walkable look, which in reality is the case>

That is perspective, and also One Park Tower is on higher land. I really wish Absolute World could have been built on the higher land of City Centre, as it would appear much taller than it does :(

It wouldn't make THAT much of difference, the lands only about 50 feet higher. Like you said, its the perspective that makes One Park, which lets not forget is 450 feet tall itself, look as tall as absolute world from the west.

Haven't you ever seen the thing from the East side?? It looks freak'in HUGE!

Last edited:

Back