Toronto 975 Danforth Avenue | 33.7m | 9s | Percy Ellis | Paradigm

High quality design eh? Never stopped the City approving total dreck in all manner of prominent places before!

What a load of bollocks. I really do hope Tory's Housing Action Plan winds up sticking it to Planning and Urban Design (which, sadly, I'm not actually holding my breath for seeing as it is...Planning and UD who are actually responding to his motions...).

What a load of bollocks. I really do hope Tory's Housing Action Plan winds up sticking it to Planning and Urban Design (which, sadly, I'm not actually holding my breath for seeing as it is...Planning and UD who are actually responding to his motions...).

Bollocks? When did you pick up that South Lancashire accent ADRM?

LOL

FWIW, the technical issue on the Pedestrian clearway is fair, I think, it's about accessibility.

The streetwall stuff is oversold here, though I don't mind an argument for a greater setback above the 4th floor.

But really, let's be honest, this an ugly jobber. I take no issue w/10s here; but I really would like a better attempt at architecture from an aesthetic perspective.

Twas a Settlement Offer on this one at the December Council Mtg.

Said offer was adopted, and is now public:

Of note a modest haircut to 9s here.

1704478837211.png

1704478864511.png

1704478912611.png

This last one is for @HousingNowTO

1704478948502.png

1704478744155.png

1704479019663.png

@Paclo is duly flagged

Shamefully low density for a site located directly across the street from a subway station and a 5 minute walk from a future interchange subway station.
I agree it could have been higher, but 9s on the Danforth and on a small lot isn't too bad.

My biggest gripe is 0 retail.

I agree it could have been higher, but 9s on the Danforth and on a small lot isn't too bad.

My biggest gripe is 0 retail.

I hadn't noticed that change:

Before:
1704487576156.png

After:

1704487542175.png

The non-residential units at-grade, facing Danforth remain, but are no longer shown as retail!

Last edited:

Back