Toronto 975 Danforth Avenue | 33.7m | 9s | Percy Ellis | Paradigm

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Percy Ellis are planning a future development at the SE corner of Danforth & Euston, former location of a 7-11 store. Also a block away from Donlands subway station.

danf.JPG

Can't happen soon enough (please let me not regret that statement when I see a render)........

That store was an eyesore when it was open...............it's been vacant for a long while now.

Percy Ellis have been mostly a relatively smaller scaled developer so I wouldn't expect something too substantial overall. Predicting they'll maybe go for between 5 to 8 storeys here.

Can't happen soon enough (please let me not regret that statement when I see a render)........

That store was an eyesore when it was open...............it's been vacant for a long while now.

I walked by the site today. It's not a particularly large site, so I can't imagine anything above six stories.

I walked by the site today. It's not a particularly large site, so I can't imagine anything above six stories.

I would have agreed..............but they are, perhaps too ambitiously going for 10!

New App into the AIC for this one.

1652464513366.png

I'm fine with 10 storeys here. The site is basically a quick 2 or 3 minute walk across the street from Donlands station. Which overall remains one of the more under-densified concentrations surrounding a subway station along the Danforth portion of the line.

I'm fine with 10 storeys here. The site is basically a quick 2 or 3 minute walk across the street from Donlands station. Which overall remains one of the more under-densified concentrations surrounding a subway station along the Danforth portion of the line.

If you catch the light, it will take like 45 seconds to walk to Donlands Station.

Street level should be commercial space, especially at a major intersection across the street from a subway station.

This one is off to OLT and is the subject of an Appeals Report on the agenda of the next meeting of TEYCC:

From the above, we glean the City really doesn't like the streetwall or the way in which the building is articulated more broadly:

1676043657151.png

Also, an important but technical issue for the Danforth sidewalk that the applicant will not be able to get around, I suspect:

1676043743884.png

Back