Mississauga 900 Lakeshore Road West | ?m | 10s | Pine Glen | KFA

Lake Ontario

Member Bio
Reaction score
The proposal consists of 11-storey residential building containing 189 condominium units. It is located in the Lorne Park neighbourhood at the southwest corner of Lakeshore Road West and Ibar Way (~1.6km west of Mississauga Road); Richard's Memorial Park is located to the east of the site. The same owners are also developing 1444-1458 Cawthra Road.

img205.jpg

img214.jpg

img192.jpg

img192.jpg

img202.jpg

drone_01_clay.jpg

Site Plan:
img170.jpg

Site:
Screen+Shot+2023-11-30+at+2.22.22+PM.png

Slide Deck: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tX56i7nykpm8auHzc1U-p2M8JHw-APYS/view
Community Engagement Meeting:

sort of weird, ugly, post-modern vibes going on here.

The brick I rather like, the arches at-grade.....are odd.........like they don't belong...........

But the projecting windows (sticking out from the facade) are both bizarre and downright ugly.

Also what's with the missing windows on a portion of the 4th and 5th floors? It throws the symmetry off and created excessive blank wall.

210 proposed parking spots proposed….it's a great location, overlooking park and lake. I am sure the single family residences will object. But it does look a bit ship like (?) from certain perspectives, but I am no judge by any means. Major arterial connection = build it for the density proposed, perhaps a few less parking spots.

Seems very isolated at this location from anything resembling urbanity.
a short bike ride on an existing bike or multi use trail to the bright lights of Port Credit or the night life of Clarkson Village…..not to mention the bus the runs past the front door in both directions, and the 200 plus parking spots.

Just rolled in from the jolly U.S. of A. (midwest Donald Trump Division) and read the above. What a bunch of yo yo's? Get a life and move - cash in and move. Perhaps DF would grant an MZO to hand over the lake fronting properties' on Whittier to the province for parkland, and the rest could be turned into four and six plexes. None of these people complained too heavily as 'rural' lands were bulldozed for their land hungry single family dwellings overlooking or sitting on lakefront. that could and should be accessible for so many more. (As an example I can remember the bitter fight to preserve what remained of the Rattray Marsh - further west I understand - from being filled in for a further subdivision. People have small insular memories at times) While some of the points being addressed are viable - traffic, park use, lack of park space etc, none of them are solved by NOT building this modest piece of infill. And the issues are not directly linked.

Back