Toronto 888 Dupont | 61.7m | 18s | TAS | SA

888 Dupont: Conversations with an old building

MAY 29, 2020 | BY ALFRED HOLDEN

1595887330619.png

1595887436717.png

True, but it's one thing to do competitions and custom detached housing - it's another to work for a Toronto condo developer...

AoD
Going this route thought shows that TAS is committed to something atypical: you cannot ignore that fact. Here's assuming that what's pictured won't cost the moon as I just cannot see them having gone this far with without some expectation of this being reasonably achievable.

Going this route thought shows that TAS is committed to something atypical: you cannot ignore that fact. Here's assuming that what's pictured won't cost the moon as I just cannot see them having gone this far with without some expectation of this being reasonably achievable.

True, and TAS had a record of using interesting materials (e.g. terracotta at Dia) - but I can't forget their misses either (e.g. M5V - which promised much and delivered little design excellence as executed)

AoD

True, and TAS had a record of using interesting materials (e.g. terracotta at Dia) - but I can't forget their misses either (e.g. M5V - which promised much and delivered little design excellence as executed)

AoD
That is true from their history too. M5V was huge compared to anything else TAS had built at the time, and they had to bring in Lifetime to complete it. Lifetime then hacked away at it to bring the cost down. TAS is now a larger, and much more experienced company. Not that anyone can predict every economic eventuality out there, but this one is looking up from the outset, and I'm hoping that everything we're seeing here is within the realm of possibilities and not merely a pipe dream.

That is true from their history too. M5V was huge compared to anything else TAS had built at the time, and they had to bring in Lifetime to complete it. Lifetime then hacked away at it to bring the cost down. TAS is now a larger, and much more experienced company. Not that anyone can predict every economic eventuality out there, but this one is looking up from the outset, and I'm hoping that everything we're seeing here is within the realm of possibilities and not merely a pipe dream.

I will have to invoke the Sagan Standard on this one.

AoD

Back