Toronto 88 Scott Street | 203.9m | 58s | Concert | P + S / IBI

February 1st.

scot88.1.jpg

Attachments

• scot88.1.jpg
    scot88.1.jpg
    759.8 KB · Views: 1,806
The Esplanade is well laid out, but I wouldn't mind seeing those 70s structures replaced with modern buildings. Some S&P buildings along the boulevard would be nice.
What on earth are you talking about? The Esplanade and the streets north and south of it are a (very successful) planned community. It is successful because it's a very mixed neighbourhood with condos, co-ops, public housing and a few single family homes. The buildings are well built, are all built about same time and are generally mid-rise. If it were being built today it would be City Place East.

What on earth are you talking about? The Esplanade and the streets north and south of it are a (very successful) planned community. It is successful because it's a very mixed neighbourhood with condos, co-ops, public housing and a few single family homes. The buildings are well built, are all built about same time and are generally mid-rise. If it were being built today it would be City Place East.
What are you talking about? This neighbourhood isn't even zoned for buildings that are of the scale of CityPlace. What I meant is that I would like to see some of the buildings replaced with modern buildings of similar size. These, for example: https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.6496...ujDFd2AScIr9HZcvmw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

What are you talking about? This neighbourhood isn't even zoned for buildings that are of the scale of CityPlace. What I meant is that I would like to see some of the buildings replaced with modern buildings of similar size. These, for example: https://www.google.ca/maps/@43.6496...ujDFd2AScIr9HZcvmw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
As we all know, the height and zoning can very easily be changed - often at the OMB - and I bet that if the buildings in The Esplanade area of St Lawrence were not already there there would be applications in for MANY towers. Look what has been proposed for the Sobey-Acura site. My point was that if the present buildings were demolished they would NOT be replaced by buildings of the same height and mass.

From today. I'm actually glad to see pre-cast.

IMG_7573.JPG
IMG_7575.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7573.JPG
    IMG_7573.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 820
  • IMG_7575.JPG
    IMG_7575.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 958
Indeed, this is soaring quicker than most. I'm cautiously hopeful the cladding/glazing is up to snuff. So far the glass is pretty encouraging and the pre-cast looks ok.

Thanks to Mom Nature, El Nino, and an absent Old Man Winter, the weather has helped our construction industry enormously this season. There will be a 'blip' on this upcoming weekend though. Not that there's much work done on weekends, but extreme cold should make an appearance (recall how it complicated cement pouring, etc. last February) followed by more palatable conditions returning the following week.

Back