Toronto 88 Queen | 167.35m | 52s | St Thomas Dev | Hariri Pontarini

October 6, 2023

IMG_20231006_080524358_HDR.jpg

Yea, ok I'm starting to like this. I have been reserving judgement until it really started to take shape. They've used the mullions in a way that looks intentional and adds visual depth to the facade, giving it an almost structural look. It's in stark contrast to the often cheap, plasticky and otherwise messy appearance that we get from window wall facades.

The tower portion of the tallest tower would've been a lot sharper had they used that white cladding on the edges throughout the whole tower, instead of that toothpaste green colour we're seeing. It still doesnt look right to me.

Nevertheless, the podium here is 10/10 quality.

The tower portion of the tallest tower would've been a lot sharper had they used that white cladding on the edges throughout the whole tower, instead of that toothpaste green colour we're seeing. It still doesnt look right to me.

Nevertheless, the podium here is 10/10 quality.
I was and still am hesitant about the mint green, but I complain about a lack of colour so here we are.

I usually have a strong dislike of mint green cladding but the overall building manages to work as the podium is so pleasing; mint green pairs well with brown.
The podium is good, the tower is, in my opinion, quite boring. Of course, mint and chocolate pairs well, in confectionery!

1697234700577.png

I was in the area today and from a distance you really don't notice the colour. I saw a much smaller version of the panels on a building in the Canary DIstrict and it looked great. Pretty subtle.

Back