Toronto 88 Queen | 167.35m | 52s | St Thomas Dev | Hariri Pontarini

Wasn’t there a recent CofA application to change the zoning for the office portion? They may have other uses in mind or maybe there is already a tenant? Anyways it is not a huge amount of space and they are a year out from completion so a lot can change.

Wasn’t there a recent CofA application to change the zoning for the office portion? They may have other uses in mind or maybe there is already a tenant? Anyways it is not a huge amount of space and they are a year out from completion so a lot can change.
Previously the podium for sure had just shy of 10,000 sq-m of office space. I believe only the ground floor had retail. This mix may have changed at some point, but the podium floor plates certainly are not residential.

Pretty sure it's office .... the podium doesn't really make sense for residential.

Here's one of my shots from last August. Note the sign on the hoarding, showing availability of office space. I don't know if it's still there.

DA560555-2ED2-40A9-BC03-69039F6B096C.jpeg

Reactions: PMT
Poor 88 Queen! Once the Belle of the Ball when its podium was being clad, it is now the red-headed (or mint-clad) stepchild.

The colour combination is a head-scratcher, but I don't think it's a deal-breaker. It's a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of mint. And aside from the colour, the tower looks fine - balanced and organized.

Posters on this forum are often like "No more neutrals! We want more colour!" And then when a non-neutral colour is given to them, it's like "Not that colour!" Neutrals are used so often because they are blandly acceptable. Orange, green, yellow, red, purple - particularly when they aren't accents - are always going to upset someone.

Poor 88 Queen! Once the Belle of the Ball when its podium was being clad, it is now the red-headed (or mint-clad) stepchild.

The colour combination is a head-scratcher, but I don't think it's a deal-breaker. It's a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of mint. And aside from the colour, the tower looks fine - balanced and organized.

Posters on this forum are often like "No more neutrals! We want more colour!" And then when a non-neutral colour is given to them, it's like "Not that colour!" Neutrals are used so often because they are blandly acceptable. Orange, green, yellow, red, purple - particularly when they aren't accents - are always going to upset someone.
Do you consider the mint-green spandrels as 'colours' or neutrals? To me they're definitely neutrals.

Back