Toronto 88 Bathurst | 68.3m | 17s | Hines | 3XN

Tuesday morning, September 19. From the south, north, and above. Heading out for some travel later in the day, so these should be last views from me for a while.

Your absence will be felt and your return awaited. Enjoy your travels!

IMG_2250.jpeg

I’m gonna hold judgement till more of it is done, but check out that street wall!

Any ideas what’s going to take that huge ground floor space?

It is hard to tell from renderings but what appears to be gold panels in the original renderings may have been switched to brown.

IMG_4267.png
IMG_4268.png

From King, this building is helping fill in one of the gaps in the street here - Bathurst is definitely got a "big city" presence now south of King. Let's hope the city-sizing continues up Bathurst, particularly in the stretch north of Queen.

Some members get embarrassed about the spandrel in the city. I think it's deeply embarrassing that so many of our major streets have single family homes on them. *That* feels hokey-pokey.

From King, this building is helping fill in one of the gaps in the street here - Bathurst is definitely got a "big city" presence now south of King. Let's hope the city-sizing continues up Bathurst, particularly in the stretch north of Queen.

Some members get embarrassed about the spandrel in the city. I think it's deeply embarrassing that so many of our major streets have single family homes on them. *That* feels hokey-pokey.

I'm all for city-sizing, and feel no need to protect the vast majority of 1-3s homes or storefronts lining Bathurst.

But I have to say, I don't really like this thing; and don't really want to see anymore of it.

It's a beast, it's got a cool palette, rather than warm, it doesn't play well with its neighbours in massing or materials......

Yes to better use of land, additional supportable density, with attractive, appealing architecture that creates the illusion of human-scale at street level, and adds value in every way; but this is not that.

Last edited:
I'm all city-sizing, and feel no need to protect the vast majority of 1-3 homes or storefronts lining Bathurst.

But I have to say, I don't really like this thing; and don't really want to see anymore of it.

It's a beast, it's got a cool palette, rather than warm, it doesn't play well with its neighbours in massing or materials......

Yes to better use of land, additional supportable density, with attractive, appealing architecture that creates the illusion of human-scale at street level, and adds value in every way.
I really don't like how it looms over the Wheat Sheaf.

Back