Vaughan 8188 Yonge | ?m | 10s | Trulife | ZO1

A Royal Orchard station is looking much more viable now, considering what's planned for the east side.

thor-is-he-though.gif

I think that development only makes sense if there's a subway there...but it's debatable if that goes both ways.
(ie Whether the subway station suddenly makes sense because Greenpark imagines wants to put 60-storey towers there...)

Either way, it surely doesn't hurt that the subway keeps seeming closer to reality.

Last edited:
thor-is-he-though.gif

I think that development only makes sense if there's a subway there...but it's debatable if that goes both ways.
(ie Whether the subway station suddenly makes sense because Greenpark imagines wants to put 60-storey towers there...)

Either way, it surely doesn't hurt that the subway keeps seeming closer to reality.
People tend to think tall building = what you need to support a subway station, when it's a whole pile of office towers that make subways necessary downtown but residential tall building create way less traffic, so you need even more of them, and in fact you need bus routes that drop their passengers at subway stations to make those stations really work. So, build 20 of these up there. Rip up the homes.

Looks like a crane base is installed. Today:

View attachment 388760
Yup. Received a buyer email last weekend saying they've hit sales numbers (I think project is sold out because their online portal has no units available) and that excavation + shoring is 85% complete.

It's interesting though, they've never sent a "construction delay" email. Tentative closing is Fall/Winter 2023... I know it's a boutique condo, but I'm not sure how they can meet that timeline.

Back