Vaughan 8083 Jane | 200m | 60s | MPAR Developments | SvN

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
As tipped off by @alexb - New application for 50 + 60 st towers at Macintosh Blvd and Jane St, just north of the VMC.

1691585629418.png

1691585778313.png

1691585809145.png

Well, if/when line 1 is extended north here, this would be nearly on top of the next station beyond VMC, but even if they announced that extension tomorrow it would probably be 12 years before it's operating.

Streetview shows that this part of Jane doesn't even have sidewalks (on either side) and they want to lump 50 + 60 stories here???

Streetview shows that this part of Jane doesn't even have sidewalks (on either side) and they want to lump 50 + 60 stories here???
I mean they built 30 storeys to the south on Jane without sidewalks a few years ago.. so sure thing!

Seriously - I believe sidewalks are getting built on Jane in the next few years so that won't be the case when this building would be completed.

Technically, I believe fire is an oxidation process. I've heard it likened to superspeed rust since it's the same process---reacting with oxygen--just on different time scales.

or the French call it "flambe" or the Greeks call it "saganaki opa"

Have you been to Vaughn no one walks anywhere, hostile to pedestrians and 24 hours hour traffic jams

Have you been to Vaughn no one walks anywhere, hostile to pedestrians and 24 hours hour traffic jams
Sure, but gradually with thoughtful changes that situation can be improved: most roads in Vaughan are very wide--they can accommodate wider sidewalks, protected cycle tracks and bus lanes.

Then boost the bus frequencies to 15 min all day on lesser routes and 10 mins or better on Jane and Highway 7. Also add improved connections and fare integration with GO Transit.

Next, continue urban oriented redevelopment around the GO stations; allow midrises along frequent bus routes; and blanket upzone low density areas to mutiplexes.

There's a lot of low hanging fruit type of improvements which must be done before writing off Vaughan (or throwing up one's hands in premature resignation).

Is nobody actually going to post what the site looks like today? LOL

Fine, I'll do it:

1694315956647.png

Aerial View; site to the right of the intersection:

1694316074387.png

Now a look at Jane itself and to the residential density built a bit to the south:

1694316014321.png

High Density residential, pictured above is currently 500M to the south of this site at Portage.

There is no residential to the east as far as MacMillan Rail yard (the giant CN Yard), nor any to the west as far as 400.

There is none to the north to Langstaff and beyond.

This may end up making sense in due course, but it certainly sticks out as an outlier at this juncture, though the existing density south on Jane isn't absurdly far away.

Last edited:
When I look up 8083 Jane on Vaughan's PlanIt viewer… I get nothing. Source please?!

Its in Plan it Now.

1694526920358.png

Not sure how to directly link to a Plan It app or I would!

This is an interesting bit from the Planning Report:

1694526811481.png

@HousingNowTO are you doing any work up in Vaughan? If so, this may be of interest.

Renders:

1694527287276.png

1694527309585.png

Site Stats:

1694527437558.png

Exceeds Minimum Required Parking by 74% ! What the @#$#

And part of the case they make is a future subway extension up Jane!

Parking Ratio of 1.38 spaces per unit!

Back