Toronto 80 Bloor Street West | 263.4m | 78s | Krugarand | Arcadis

Im worried it wont look anything like the render thanks to the overkill drawn-out approval process and meetings at city hall and the OLT . It could be 4-5 years before shovels are in the ground.

Im worried it wont look anything like the render thanks to the overkill drawn-out approval process and meetings at city hall and the OLT . It could be 4-5 years before shovels are in the ground.

Uhhh, Zoning already approved here.

This is Site Plan, which does not go to Council.

There's also a tight timeline in the zoning agreement requiring demolition of the building over Bay Station (making way for the extended park), I believe by the end of next year, though don't hold me to that, I'm not looking it up right now.

Last edited:
Toronto Model 10-21-23 80 Bloor W.png

I can't be the only one here who thinks this is boring, bordering on awful. We replaced an innovated modern design with faux precast 1920s? Yuck.
I think ProjectEnd-san eluded to previously that the original gold balloon proposal was untenable and simply used as a placeholder of sorts as a zoning exercise. So what we're seeing now is the real deal, I gather...for good or bad.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one here who thinks this is boring, bordering on awful. We replaced an innovated modern design with faux precast 1920s? Yuck.
Does everything have to be contemporary ?

I dont care for the (subtle) diagonal slope of the main tower portion and some of the gap toothed cutouts but overall it looks a lot better than cheap contemporary schlock like the 15 Bloor W proposal.

Last edited:
I think ProjectEnd-san eluded to previously that the original gold balloon proposal was untenable and simply used as a placeholder of sorts as a zoning exercise. So what we're seeing now is the real deal, I gather...for good or bad.
It was a fake building, 'designed' to stimulate an approval. And it did...

What Krugarand now plan to do with it is anyone's guess as they don't build and ain't nobody looking for a 1700+ unit project right now.

...then I shall amend that to a "more of a real deal". >.<

Back