Toronto 8 Wellesley | Residences at Yonge | 182.15m | 55s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

199 Church, Prime Condos, West Line Condos, and Forest Hill Condos are other developments by Centrecourt that use a similar design -- black and or white aluminum panel.

I suspect they bulk purchase materials for more than one building at a time -- which is why a lot of their projects happening concurrently look very similar.

You'll also notice the exact same use of that grey brick on the podium at 252 Church St.

Aside from those, I am not aware of any others that have a similar design and are already completed.
Thank you

I actually absolutely love the black on this. This building is going to look very unique but I will say that with the caveat that I have only been watching Toronto builds for about a year. So I may have just not seen a project with the black facade. If anyone could suggest a couple finish ones to look at to see what the finished products look like I would appreciate it. And as always Benito, thank you for the pictures
Waterworks and River City (phase 1, half of phase 3) are some of the better (in my opinion) black-clad buildings. Waterworks has retained heritage at base though, so it's not entirely black.

Yesterday:
IMG_20231105_160321.jpg
IMG_20231105_160240.jpg
IMG_20231105_160133.jpg
IMG_20231105_160123.jpg
IMG_20231105_160041.jpg

I will continue to emphasize that angled buildings do so much for the urban fabric and landscape.

The cities insistence on buildings parallel to streets really is baffling and ultimately harmful.

Aside from that mini tangent this is looking fine. Nothing spectacular but it’ll break up streetscape in the area with something noticeably different which is good.

I will continue to emphasize that angled buildings do so much for the urban fabric and landscape.

The cities insistence on buildings parallel to streets really is baffling and ultimately harmful.

Aside from that mini tangent this is looking fine. Nothing spectacular but it’ll break up streetscape in the area with something noticeably different which is good.
Meanwhile City Planning aggressively rejected a rare attempt at an angled building a block south of here 🙃

But like, really though, why do we insist that every building must include units that look directly into the units of the neighboring building? Angled buildings would at least help a bit with privacy issues in these towers, but nope, the grid is god and we must adhere to it at all times.

I agree with planning. I don't care for angled towers off the street grid. I can't say I've ever walk down any street and thought to myself the urban fabric is missing a tower built on a tangent from the street. I couldn't tell you if there are any off parallel towers on Park Avenue in the Upper East Side. The banality in the urban fabric produced during this post turn of the century boom is not going to be improved by more angled towers. . They don't resolve missed opportunities for developments like
Vu at George and Adelaide either

Back