Toronto 8 Wellesley | Residences at Yonge | 182.15m | 55s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

Today

7841E38D-F665-4C3F-917F-46E46922426D.jpeg

FC72B517-09FE-4D56-8137-B547D775157D.jpeg

Are the the buildings in front of Yonge Street part of this development? If so will they be renovated and incorporated as part of this project? Just curious.

@Benito and I overlapped our walks just a bit........

From me, from October 27th, 2022: (ps. this one is quite tough to get good shots of atm, they took away my laneway spot with 12ft high hoarding!)

DSC00147.JPG

DSC00148.JPG

DSC00149.JPG

Front the front, though stairs and other tangled mess!

DSC00154.JPG

Great shots! With much more growth in this specific area the city is going to have to look at a library and community centre.
Btw, what is this neighbourhood called?
It’s called Bay Cloverhill.

And yes with the density here there is a huge opportunity and need for a library branch centering right around the Central YMCA. (So, we do kind of have a rec centre, although is not public.)

Map where you can see nothing here close to here:

A developer like Kingsett might be wise to try to partner with the city and get a library branch around here.

Great shots! With much more growth in this specific area the city is going to have to look at a library and community centre.
Btw, what is this neighbourhood called?

A community recreation centre is plausible; however there is no library even wish-listed here.

The argument would be that Yorkville Branch is close enough, plus Toronto Reference, Old City Hall and Lillian H. Smith isn't that far either.

The City's downtown branch program calls for relocating and drastically expanding St. Lawrence Branch; and City Hall branch (to old city hall); as well as expanding Lillian H. Smith.

In the next ring out, there are plans to replace Gerrard/Parliament with a much larger branch in Regent Park North; and some expansion/reno is being looked at for Scaddington/Alexandra Park as well.

There is some thought to the need to enlarge Yorkville, but given the heritage building and surroundings, it's not clear that there's much to be done. Yorkville's reno is in the budget for 2028 with a budget of 10.8M

The only 'new' branches currently contemplated are:

2150 Lake Shore (Humber Bay)
Port Lands
* possibly Downsview/Norcrest lands; though that might just be a re-lo.

If additional new branches were looked at, I'd expect spots with large geographic gaps, to get first dibs (south-west Scarborough would be one of the top spots)

A new branch downtown is exceedingly unlikely.

Though, the re-lo of St. Lawrence may trigger a desire for one in the West Don Lands.

Back