Toronto 770 Don Mills | 153.7m | 48s | CreateTO | Montgomery Sisam

mmmmmm.... City of Toronto property PARKING-LOTS all along Don Mills...???

They have been Ontario Science Centre Parking lots, as the lessee.

Will need to look into the details of the T & C's on those Leases, I guess..???

By all means. I don't have a copy handy but I can tell you the gist is that the lands must be used for the purpose of operating a Science Centre, museum and educational facility. It precludes any other use to my understanding. (the parking was considered ancillary to the principle use)

They have been Ontario Science Centre Parking lots, as the lessee.

By all means. I don't have a copy handy but I can tell you the gist is that the lands must be used for the purpose of operating a Science Centre, museum and educational facility. It precludes any other use to my understanding. (the parking was considered ancillary to the principle use)

I imagine there will be college and university administrations chomping at the bit to have a new campus next to massive transit hub.

I imagine there will be college and university administrations chomping at the bit to have a new campus next to massive transit hub.

Most of the land is below the STOL (Stable Top of Slope) and much is in the regulatory flood plain. If the current complex is demolished, I'd be surprised if you ever see buildings again on the portion land owned by the TRCA, with the possible exception of a public washroom.

The land at the top, owned by the City could certainly be in play. That's nominally about 4ha/10ac; but you will likely have a conventional park up top, maybe as much as 2ac, plus streets. If the existing building is preserved, in addition to removing that from the calculation, you would presumably want a view corridor of it, so you'd cut the area in about 1/2

* while I don't mind your idea at all, assuming there was enough room left; there is the matter of interest.........after the substantial reduction to foreign students.

Last edited:
Is there a Science Centre thread or this it?

There is no dedicated thread right now. Most discussion is in the Ontario Place master thread.

I have some pictures to post.

You can put those here or in the OP thread for now.

I think we'll end up getting an OSC thread, if we do you'll just want to make sure your stuff gets moved over.

Back