Hamilton 75 James Condos | 108m | 34s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

The cobalt towers have sorta become the new landmark - although id prefer to see something aggressively tall and impressive to go where the city center is to be the new center.

Hamilton desperately needs a new signature / iconic tower that towers above the rest.

(Pier 8 and Francis Ave towers don't count in my eyes)

Would be very cool, but man... with the state of downtown Hamilton and the volume of homeless/vagrants/lost people, I am struggling to see who would want to live there.

Today:
1000006360.jpg

Hamilton desperately needs a new signature / iconic tower that towers above the rest.

(Pier 8 and Francis Ave towers don't count in my eyes)
The former Hamilton City Centre really needs to be that spot. Instead it's sitting there decaying waiting on a set of generic 30 storey condos. And if they stayed on the original Copps reno idea then that disaster of a mid-late 20th century "urban renewal" block might have been seeing an upturn, but that entire damn blight of a block needs a master plan.

The former Hamilton City Centre really needs to be that spot. Instead it's sitting there decaying waiting on a set of generic 30 storey condos. And if they stayed on the original Copps reno idea then that disaster of a mid-late 20th century "urban renewal" block might have been seeing an upturn, but that entire damn blight of a block needs a master plan.
That design has pretty much been torpedoed due to rising costs. Let's see if someone proposes something better and more.. worthy.. putting condos in this spot.. while I wouldn't say it's a waste.. but it doesn't do the spot justice. They bulldozed like 5 city blocks for this monstrosity they call jackson square, at least have something there that makes it feel it was all worthwhile.

I must say the perspective of driving down Main and seeing this rise to the right of the old IBM building is very neat for me. I can honestly say that I don't believe there has been a new build in this area since the YMCA added to its existing footprint in the late 70s early 80s

I must say the perspective of driving down Main and seeing this rise to the right of the old IBM building is very neat for me. I can honestly say that I don't believe there has been a new build in this area since the YMCA added to its existing footprint in the late 70s early 80s

That's only because god cursed the church project lol..

Has anyone ever been inside the gentlemans club? My mind has always mulled over just what goes on in there..

Back