Toronto 675 King West | 65.82m | 19s | Colonia Treuhand Holdings | Sweeny &Co

May 19, 2023

E4FD41FE-071D-4307-8272-DA9FC24CDA80_1_201_a.jpeg

B683338B-EF1E-4CC3-BFD9-DA7B223DB8A0_1_201_a.jpeg

damn, so this building will be developed. Looks like the Thai restaurant will remain along with Wheat Sheaf.

Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 10.23.49 PM.png

1) I'm with @Towered ; we should stop 88 where it is and begin demolition immediately billing the developers 70%, the architects 20% and the City/OLT can split the remaining 10%
It's entirely inappropriate and never should have been allowed.

I don't believe anything is sacred, I'm not the religious sort..............but if you can't have respect for the historiocity of the Wheat Sheaf you should be nothing but history.

2) This looks more Partisans than Sweeney...........just sayin............ And no! WE have enough mistakes to fix, let's stop adding to the pile.

That towering blank wall above the Wheat Sheaf is not sympathetic to the intersection and will leave an unfortunate mark to this prominent area. The developers should purchase the air rights above the Wang Lang restaurant (formerly Coco Rice) building, or even purchasing that building all together and build or cantilever a designed facade portion above it with glazing, properly addressing Bathurst Street.
I’m worried that blank wall will become a tacky billboard space (having it blank is also bad).

Last edited:
Odd to me initially is that 'blank wall' only going from stories ~5 to 11 or so. Or are stories 1-4 not actual windows, but made to look like they match the front facade?

Either way, I would've liked the architects to do something more clever/interesting on the east elevation - this will look pretty lame from Bathurst if it ends up like this or covered in billboards - would be a good canvas for public art though

Yes, levels 2-4 has some kind of wall treatment mimicking the pill-shaped window pattern on the front of the building but those are not windows. Because it’s on the lower floors not much of it could not be seen from street level (maybe just the tops of the arches) as the Wheat Sheaf would obscure part of that view.
I agree, a cool mural on that blank wall above would add some life and visual interest to the intersection.

Back