Toronto 666 Spadina Avenue | 41m | 11s | Cromwell | Arcadis

Taken 1 November.

IMG_4850.jpeg

Any guesses when this building will finish construction and what it's amenities will be? The older apartment building had a few renovations done recently but the amenities is still not the best and I remember when I was hunting for apartments, it had usual complaints of bedbugs and roaches.
Also will this also be an apartment building or a condo? what exactly classifies as the difference between the two anyone knows?

I lived in 11 Walmer Rd -- which is owned by the same company -- for 15 years. Our balcony renos started in May of 2018 and we didn't get access to our balcony back until June of 2019. Got to enjoy it for about 3 months before we received our N13 notice saying interior renos (which they told us would be the hallway, lobby, and laundry) would take 3 years and we had to vacate.

Salford is a horrible, horrible company. Throughout the entire process of our 'renoviction' they were constantly rude to us whenever we interacted with them, reminding us they had the law on their side and we shouldn't bother trying to fight it. I fear for the residents of 666 Spadina.
What is Salford? I thought the company who owns this building is Cromwell right? What is a N13 notice and were you not given priority access to rent again with the same rent when the renovations were done? There were renovations in this building in the lobby and laundry room to but the tenants weren't asked to leave

Architecturally this is almost okay.

The problem is the combination of black, white and brick tile in the cladding: too many materials, and the transitions between them are poorly detailed. It’s really striking IRL.

Clearly the architects did not spend a lot of time, if any, looking at the cladding three-dimensionally.

The building looks like it’s glitching

Architecturally this is almost okay.

The problem is the combination of black, white and brick tile in the cladding: too many materials, and the transitions between them are poorly detailed. It’s really striking IRL.

Clearly the architects did not spend a lot of time, if any, looking at the cladding three-dimensionally.

The building looks like it’s glitching

I think the brick is probably the best of the treatments, they would have been well served to wrap the entire podium in that.

Black and White can contrast nicely, when used properly, and when used exclusively above the brick in this case, I see no reason the potential to make it work wasn't there.

However, I think the black spandrel, window panes and vents do not play well with the white cladding. It just doesn't work for me. If you're going black on black w/the black facing, then go white on white w/the white facing.

Its too much going on, in too many places and in the wrong places.

I don’t mind and do appreciate the building extending to the sidewalk. But it is hilarious to me that we have this new building with this red brick tacked on facade imitating a saved heritage facade.

Saving old storefronts with new builds behind has become the norm here in Toronto so much so that we are designing new builds this way.

Back