Toronto 646 Yonge | 254m | 75s | KingSett Capital | AS + GG

If almost everything Kingsett does is an up-zone and flip play... I don't understand why they pay for a AAA firm like AS+GG.

Why not hire Kirkor or my nephew who designs small malls.
I would guess sale performance increases when you have a prestigious firm on the conceptual design? Concord can come in and market the site as designed by AS+GG then before sales launch they have resubmitted with a Dialog or Wallman design.

If almost everything Kingsett does is an up-zone and flip play... I don't understand why they pay for a AAA firm like AS+GG.

Something to the effect that hiring Kirkor may turn off potential well heeled clients? Devs usually hire them because they want something cheap and dirty, but they're not a good example for the marketing bling to the highest bidder, while AS+GG most certainly is...

...but that doesn't stop the highest bidder from hiring Kirkor to finish the job though after the fact. Or any other one of their like, I'd imagine. /sigh

They certainly haven't paid AS+GG for working drawings for construction. What they have purchased is inconsequential to those costs. Zoning approvals in Toronto has alot to do with mood. A fancy design should have an easier time gaining zoning approval and up the sale value like having Starbucks vs the best independent coffee shop in the history of the universe as a tenant.

did Adrian Smith design concord sky? That would be at least 3 towers for Kingsett if I remember that right. That should earn them a friend's discount.

They certainly haven't paid AS+GG for working drawings for construction. What they have purchased is inconsequential to those costs. Zoning approvals in Toronto has alot to do with mood. A fancy design should have an easier time gaining zoning approval and up the sale value like having Starbucks vs the best independent coffee shop in the history of the universe as a tenant.

did Adrian Smith design concord sky? That would be at least 3 towers for Kingsett if I remember that right. That should earn them a friend's discount.
KPF did do Concord Sky, but after Kingsett had sold the site. BDPQ was the architect on the file when Kingsett owned it. It was Cresford who brought KPF on board, before it was flipped to aA after Concord bought it. Likely due to costs of having KPF do construction drawings as you alluded to.

KPF did do Concord Sky, but after Kingsett had sold the site. BDPQ was the architect on the file when Kingsett owned it. It was Cresford who brought KPF on board, before it was flipped to aA after Concord bought it. Likely due to costs of having KPF do construction drawings as you alluded to.
Ish. aA were already on the Cresford file as AoR and just 'took over' both roles when Concorde came on board.

Simple: It worked for Mirvish. He got quite a bit more value out of his lot by having press and public interest in the site.

Question is, was Mirvish's success a one-off or can it be repeated by Kingsett.

Last edited:
Simple: It worked for Mirvish. He got quite a bit more value out of his lot by having press and public interest in the site.

Question is, was Mirvish's success a one-off or can it be repeated by Kingsett.
It consistently is. It's literally their entire business model. They have 11 or 12 zoned sites vending right now.

Toronto Model 04-11-24 646 Yonge.png

i have a business idea for Kingsett. they should provide Zoning services to developers, they will make alot of money because they way they zone and flip projects they have alot of experience. :D

Back