Hamilton 64 Main Street East | 59.83m | 19s | Core Development | Studio JCI

DavidCapizzano

Member Bio
Reaction score
18 storey rental building coming to downtown. Currently empty lot, formerly a gas station. Architect is SRN architects, developer is JD Developments. This is fugly but rental units so yay I guess?

IMG_0661.jpg

Screen_Shot_2017-06-01_at_8.44.24_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-06-01_at_8.44.15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-06-01_at_8.44.07_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-06-01_at_8.44.00_PM.png

Hi David, do you know who’s the owner of the empty lot right now? One of the Business man from Indonesia would like to purchase it to make a small plaza. I knew that empty lot used to be a gas station. I couldn’t find the owner. I got the adress information from the Hamilton City hall and it shows me the owner house in Waterloo

Hi David, do you know who’s the owner of the empty lot right now? One of the Business man from Indonesia would like to purchase it to make a small plaza. I knew that empty lot used to be a gas station. I couldn’t find the owner. I got the adress information from the Hamilton City hall and it shows me the owner house in Waterloo
Maybe this one is helpful: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/headlines/condo-projects-spur-life-downtown-1.1177957

January 21, 2021

Rockwater on Main Inc., which owns and oversees the development of a proposed residential site located at 64 Main Street East, Hamilton, Ontario, was placed in receivership on January 21 on application by a mortgagee. The company has approximately $9.0 million of liabilities. The immediate appointment of a receiver and manager will provide necessary stability, transparency, and oversight in the sale and/or development of the site. Goldhar & Associates was appointed receiver and manager. Counsel is Youngman Law for the applicant and Fogler Rubinoff for the receiver and manager.

For sale listing from ~April/May 2021:

Conceptual rendering from the listing:

64ma.JPG

there are still for sale signs up on this site AFAIK so I don't think it's sold yet.

This lot has had a series of failed development proposals on it over the years, including a failed Harry Stinson project. Hopefully whoever the next owner is will actually build something.

Looks like this was the failed Stinson project from the past:

stinson.jpg

Nice architecture, but the City should be allowing double the height at that location. Sad to see such little housing here.

Hamilton has some sort of bizarre obsession with the height limit. I agree, let the market do what it's going to do. Why artificially restrict height, and in doing so artificially restrict Hamilton's potential. At least it appears that this one is finally going to get built. That lot has been sitting empty for so long, and it's quite the eyesore.

...something about keeping the table top level with that escarpment, for better or worse.

I still hate the design lol.. buuut this will probably get a billion more renders so we'll just wait and see I suppose..

Given its relatively close proximity to the Hunter Street Go Station , seems like a slam dunk (save the environmental remediation that will for sure need to be done on this former Shell gas station site)

Back