Toronto 630 Finch Avenue East | 47.1m | 11s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

So Michael Lancefield's lot borders a surface parking lot and backs onto a major arterial road in the fastest growing major City in North America... and yet he's shocked to learn the property next door will be developed.

..mmkay.

Exactly, should a few hundred people be denied access to this neighbourhood because it would make this one old guy uncomfortable?

Unfortunately, most of my neighbours in Markham would probably agree with this guy and will have a similar reaction when our own local plazas get torn down for midrises.

Exactly, should a few hundred people be denied access to this neighbourhood because it would make this one old guy uncomfortable?

Unfortunately, most of my neighbours in Markham would probably agree with this guy and will have a similar reaction when our own local plazas get torn down for midrises.
there are A LOT of lawn signs all over the area about how Tridel's proposal is not appropriate. I feel like we're the only non-NIMBYs in this neighbourhood lol. Can't build modular housing on cummer, can't intensify along finch, can't build on St. Joseph's property. BANANA!

A report came before the meeting of City Council on March 9th, 2022, recommending acceptance of a settlement offer in respect of this application.

That report was adopted.

Link here: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2022/cc/bgrd/backgroundfile-222451.pdf

From said report:

1647505431137.png

1647505453119.png

1647505474670.png

Links to the revise Architectural Plans and other docs can be found here: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2022.CC41.13

1647505622182.png

1647505699818.png

1647505738775.png

1647505762325.png

1647505833149.png

I think Councilor Carrol mentioned this one is also been brought to the OLT?

The above is a settlement offer, accepted by the City in advance of an OLT hearing.

In the normal course of business that settlement will be accepted by the OLT and what you see above is what will be permitted.

I do say 'normal course of business' because while rare, these things do sometimes go off-script.

The above is a settlement offer, accepted by the City in advance of an OLT hearing.

In the normal course of business that settlement will be accepted by the OLT and what you see above is what will be permitted.

I do say 'normal course of business' because while rare, these things do sometimes go off-script.
Oh that’s great news thanks so much!

Oh that’s great news thanks so much!
Essentially, when the City and developer settle in advance of an OLT hearing, the OLT simply ratifies, rubber stamps it, as they do still have final say once an application has been appealed to them. They'll typically set out in an order whatever conditions the City has set upon final approval, usually being where Section 37 (public benefit) moneys will be spent, etc., but whatever's in the settlement goes through.

Essentially, when the City and developer settle in advance of an OLT hearing, the OLT simply ratifies, rubber stamps it, as they do still have final say once an application has been appealed to them. They'll typically set out in an order whatever conditions the City has set upon final approval, usually being where Section 37 (public benefit) moneys will be spent, etc., but whatever's in the settlement goes through.

Thanks so much for that info. So glad to see this moving forward despite all the NIMBY nonsense opposing it.

New renderings are updated in the database. The information that is updated is the total unit count changed from 206 units to 238 units. Overall storey count changed from 12 storeys to 11 storeys. Total height changed from 48.75m to 47.10m.

Renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval.

Back