Toronto 6125 Yonge | 85.05m | 23s | 2078004 Ontario Inc | DIALOG

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New application for this site along Yonge Street, east side, located north of Cummer and south of Steeles.

1646468127113.png

Aerial Pic:

1646468053600.png

Site Size: ~ 3600m2/40000ft2

Streetview:

1646468189288.png

Finally, I was getting worried about not getting middle of the night AIC updates ;)

I reckon they could have gone higher here, although the unit count is healthy.

I wonder if any of that monster home detached neighborhood toward Willowdale will ever be rezoned for midrise.

Finally, I was getting worried about not getting middle of the night AIC updates ;)

Rather unfortunate for me that I can't sleep through the night; but fortunate for UT that I hate doing nothing even when tired!

If I'm up btw 2-6am I typically check the AIC for anything new; my first thought when I see nothing is, oh @ferusian got here first.

My second is, oh @ferusian must have told Planning not to update, cause he's taking the night off. LOL

I wonder if any of that monster home detached neighborhood toward Willowdale will ever be rezoned for midrise.

While I would support it, I doubt the middle of Willowdale climbs much above 4s; though I am hopeful for some intensification.

I think a key there will be the intersections at Sheppard and Finch where one might reasonably hope for 7-12s.

Last edited:
Seems like an inevitable redevelopment considering there's several projects in the works around it on nearby blocks. I'm curious if Khorak Supermarket plan on relocating elsewhere in the area or further out in the city. One of the more notable businesses along Yonge among the Persian community.

Seems like an inevitable redevelopment considering there's several projects in the works around it on nearby blocks. I'm curious if Khorak Supermarket plan on relocating elsewhere in the area or further out in the city. One of the more notable businesses along Yonge among the Persian community.

They are proposing to stay on-site, in the podium of the new building.

Wow !! Being vary creative by chewing out the corners of the tower . And accenting some walls with some safety yellow colour etc and thick cladding around the windows. Will make this building stand out from a distance. As seen in the photos up above!

The new rendering is added to the database. The storey count changed from 27 storey to 23 & 19 storey. The unit count changed from 391 units to 491 units. The height changed from 85.00m to 73.25m & 85.05m. The car parking changed from 176 car parking to 158 car parking.

Rendering is taken from the arch plan via Rezoning.

designed by DIALOG A1 Development & 2078004 Ontario Inc

uMTbGDBs1w.jpeg

The new rendering is added to the database. The storey count changed from 27 storey to 23 & 19 storey. The unit count changed from 391 units to 491 units. The height changed from 85.00m to 73.25m & 85.05m. The car parking changed from 176 car parking to 158 car parking.

Rendering is taken from the arch plan via Rezoning.

designed by DIALOG A1 Development & 2078004 Ontario Inc

View attachment 505170

Well that is more than a bit of a re-think.

Lets see what happened here.................

Ah, to start, a new Planning consultant:

1694276007849.png

Very interesting they actually shrunk the site, removing the property at 10 Centre Street, and the associated laneway.

Doing so also eliminated the need for OPA here.

Revised Site Plan:

1694276211747.png

Ha! Diaglog's drawings now include a unique new conceit designed to thwart the wrath of @interchange42 and @ProjectEnd

Have a look at the Ground Floor Plan, and look for the number of elevators:

1694276364741.png

That's right, you can't tell, they've only identified where the elevator cores are, not how many elevators are in them!

View attachment 505243

Very interesting they actually shrunk the site, removing the property at 10 Centre Street, and the associated laneway.

Revised Site Plan:

View attachment 505244

Ha! Diaglog's drawings now include a unique new conceit designed to thwart the wrath of @interchange42 and @ProjectEnd

View attachment 505249

That's right, you can't tell, they've only identified where the elevator cores are, not how many elevators are in them!

I am surprised @Northern Light you didn't see this one coming...I guess we both have days where we aren't catching everything.

This Subject Site (marked in Red in image) would only be allowed 13-14-storey and 6.0FSI in Yonge Street North Secondary Plan,... but probably could get 16-storey at 7.0FSI
6125YongeRed.png

RE: "The property at 10 Centre Avenue no longer forms part of the application as the existing lane will be maintained in its current location."
- Translation: City is not willing to trade/sell laneway land so Development Applicant can have more adjacent land to build on,... why? This City-owned laneway is to form a future Pedestrian Only Walkway from Centre Park (just southeast of this Subject Site to Steeles Ave,... and this is also why City Planning want to restrict height to about 13-14-storeys along this section of Yonge St in Yonge Street North Secondary Plan - so that more sunlight would shine onto Yonge St and this new Pedestrian Walkway / laneway.

View attachment 505243

Revised Site Plan:

View attachment 505244

View attachment 505249

Interesting. Without having time to look at the supporting docs right now, and only going by the floor plans you've posted, it appears that they are showing slots wide enough for elevators in each... so 12 total, 6 per building… but there's no way they'll put 6 in each tower, given that there's only 491 units total in the whole complex. Even 8 would be a surprise here. I think at this point though we have to take the floor plans as very early, rough concepts, and that's it. I can see them going with only 4 elevators in the end, but I'd want 5 minimum personally, and 6 would be better.

Funny to see the secondary plan staff cooked up for Yonge North is basically toilet paper now that the province has allowed for needed growth to occur via OMB appeals. Wonder how much hair pulling is going on at city hall as their dreams of midrises to Barrie falls apart

Back