Niagara Falls 5613-5633 Victoria Avenue | ?m | 36s | La Pue International | Chamberlain

G.L.17

Member Bio
Reaction score
A pair of towers proposed by La Pue International at Walnut & Victoria Avenue in Niagara Falls, designed by Chamberlain Architect for a 34 storey hotel building (405 suites) and 35 storey condominium building (471 units) with a shared podium. 115 m max height. Link.

Walnut and Victoria.PNG
subject lands.PNG

Site Plan.PNG

north elevation.PNG

south elevation.PNG

tower 1 elevation.PNG

Axonometric.PNG

stats.PNG

Victoria and Walnut rendering 2.PNG
Victoria and Walnut rendering.PNG

A pair of towers proposed by La Pue International at Walnut & Victoria Avenue in Niagara Falls, designed by Chamberlain Architect for a 34 storey hotel building (405 suites) and 35 storey condominium building (471 units) with a shared podium. 115 m max height. Link.

View attachment 374560View attachment 374559
View attachment 374567

View attachment 374568

View attachment 374569
View attachment 374570
View attachment 374571
View attachment 374572

View attachment 374573View attachment 374574

The towers are fine.........but that podium is dead awful; I don't think I can find a single redeeming feature in it.

No sense of human-scale, poorly thought out streetscape.

I've already seen an article this stunning out going modern development proposal in the fall 2021 but didn't bring it forward to urbantoronto. There's another proposal of a 27 and 5 storeys addition on to the top and side of the Marriott Fallsview Hotel overlooking the falls . If anyone wants to create a blog on that one. It would be nice to see that thanks.

And lots of fancy ones too...seemingly all made of vapour and a pipe dream. /sigh

Well, much like the overwhelmingly phoney Vegas, NF is all about flash with very little substance behind it, so why should their building proposals be any different?

Lots of proposals in that town, very little building.
Getting approvals in Niagara Falls is fairly painless as the City is generally pro-development. Though property / restaurant / smaller hotel owners trying to be developers seem to take a step back once they see hard costs per square foot, amongst other items in the pro-forma (not the situation for this site, merely just referencing other stale projects that went nowhere after approvals)

Well, much like the overwhelmingly phoney Vegas, NF is all about flash with very little substance behind it, so why should their building proposals be any different?
At least in Vegas some of those lofty dreams got built. In NF however, we're still waiting for the devs to the money where their mouths are... >.<

At least in Vegas some of those lofty dreams got built. In NF however, we're still waiting for the devs to the money where their mouths are... >.
They want to but they don't have the year round warm climate that Vagas has, only about eight months a year. And their ambitions keep getting ambushed by problems to move ahead. Like eg 911 attack 2008 recession and now covid 19 . All created slow down in the Niagara tourism industry to forge ahead. And they need mostly American and World stats not just the Golden Horseshoe stats. To support these big projects or else it's not feasible to build them!

They want to but they don't have the year round warm climate that Vagas has, only about eight months a year. And their ambitions keep getting ambushed by problems to move ahead. Like eg 911 attack 2008 recession and now covid 19 . All created slow down in the Niagara tourism industry to forge ahead. And they need mostly American and World stats not just the Golden Horseshoe stats. To support these big projects or else it's not feasible to build them!
They don't need a warm climate like Vegas to build fancy buildings. Just look at Moscow, lol.

... and while it's certainly true that Covid has thrown a wrench into the tourist industry, but it won't last like it is forever. And besides, we're in a real estate/building boom...they should strike while that iron is hot, you'd think?

They don't need a warm climate like Vegas to build fancy buildings. Just look at Moscow, lol.

... and while it's certainly true that Covid has thrown a wrench into the tourist industry, but it won't last like it is forever. And besides, we're in a real estate/building boom...they should strike while that iron is hot, you'd think?
Moscow has a metro area of 20 million people Niagara region is not even a half million. Niagara Falls is considered a major Boutique tourism town. It only thrives on good times when times are bad it slows down. What's real estate have to do with tourism. Real a state is hot because they don't build enough homes to support the influx of immigrants that come into the Golden Horseshoe every year.

Moscow has a metro area of 20 million people Niagara region is not even a half million. Niagara Falls is considered a major Boutique tourism town. It only thrives on good times when times are bad it slows down. What's real estate have to do with tourism. Real a state is hot because they don't build enough homes to support the influx of immigrants that come into the Golden Horseshoe every year.
But that's not what you were really suggesting though...rather fancier buildings couldn't be built due to colder climes. I made no mention of population comparison and stuck with the facts you gave me in your OP.

...and what does this have to do with real estate? The description of this project is a condo dwelling, thus not a hotel...so it doesn't need to rely on tourism to make it work. What can I say?

The description of this project is a condo dwelling, thus not a hotel...so it doesn't need to rely on tourism to make it work. What can I say?
Only 1 of the 2 towers is a condo, the other one is a hotel...

But that's not what you were really suggesting though...rather fancier buildings couldn't be built due to colder climes. I made no mention of population comparison and stuck with the facts you gave me in your OP.

...and what does this have to do with real estate? The description of this project is a condo dwelling, thus not a hotel...so it doesn't need to rely on tourism to make it work. What can I say?
If times are bad they will not waste time and build any major hotel, but maybe renovate them. You can see for yourself before covid hit. They started the fondations of two14 and 16 storeys Hyatt hotels totaling 1095 units next to the Hilton. And had to stop because of it . But just like any other city they'll try marketing condo units till it's time to build. I really don't know if a condo and a hotel using the same podium. Will ever get built together in this city. But maybe because that something new. Population in my opinion plays a big part. Vegas, and Moscow metro are over 2 & 20 million to support a better hotel industry. Niagara Fall's metro at 420 thousand is just one bedroom community in the Golden Horseshoe.

Back