Toronto 550 Wellington West and 1 Hotel | ?m | 15s | Freed | a—A

What I mean is they could be both more inviting (with more paths and benches) and maybe even more uplifting (I'm picturing a fountain, statue or sculpture).

Walter Allward - who designed the Canadia War memorial at Vimy Ridge, and the Boer War Memorial on University Avenue - did the sculpture at Victoria Memorial Park, which is also a military burial ground, and memorializes the soldiers killed in the War of 1812. The pedestal was designed by Frank Darling of Darling and Pearson.

Though the history of the little park is solemn, and it was pretty run down and forgotten for years, the new residents are bound to add life to it. Cawthra Park on Church Street, which houses the AIDS memorial, is full of life and celebration too and the two impulses can co-exist.

28 June 2009 photo update

From Queen and Bathurst:

dsc00197x.jpg

My confirmed occupancy date is January 4, 9th floor.

How do you feel about that? From looking at the building and the other communication we received in the past, I would have expected sooner.

Its pretty annoying that its so close to the holiday season. Hopefully I will be a little later since I'm on 11th.

7th floor

The definition of occupancy vs closing date is different..i believe initial occupancy starts on October 26, 2009

That is correct. October 26 should be the occupancy for the units on the 3rd floor. final closing won't happen before May or June 2010 or even more

Hey Guys,

Got me letter on Monday - I also received a confirmed closing date for my unit (10th floor) of January 4th, 2010. Wish it was sooner, but not too much you can do...

Massive

Was on the Gardiner this weekend and this place looks MASSIVE from there. Inspired me to go down and take some new shots. More pics on "550 Wellington Residents" group on facebook. thx

Stewart looking east....
IMG_3219.JPG

Windows and balconies close up....
IMG_3221.JPG

Stewart looking west....
IMG_3228.JPG

From the park....
IMG_3239.JPG

Brickwork....
IMG_3249.JPG

Sexy glass to build the much talked about (in the marketing pieces) glass wall along Wellington maybe?
IMG_3250.JPG

Hotel potion from across the street....
IMG_3256.JPG

Back