Toronto 550 Wellington West and 1 Hotel | ?m | 15s | Freed | a—A

I love the clear glassing up the walkway joining Stewart to the Park on Wellington, it is beautiful. I hope the interiors will look as good as the exterior

I love the clear glassing up the walkway joining Stewart to the Park on Wellington, it is beautiful. I hope the interiors will look as good as the exterior

I noticed that on the way to work this morning. That entire walkway is glassed up, as well as the entrance to the retail space on Bathurst.

Unrelated, I read this in a hotel mag this morning...
The personalities behind the Thompson Hotel Group announce a venture into the nightlife and restaurant scene with the Do Not Disturb Restaurant Group, a new partnership between Larry, Michael and Jason Pomeranc and Stephen Brandman.

This group will manage and operate end-destination dining and nightlife spots throughout North America. Current projects include the food and nightlife venues at Thompson LES and Gild Hall in New York, Donovan House in Washington, D.C., and Hollywood Roosevelt in Los Angeles. The group also plans to open restaurant, bar and lounge spaces at Thompson Toronto in 2010.

http://www.hotelsmag.com/article/CA6655656.html?industryid=47563

May 15

IMG_may-15-09-0161.jpg

IMG_may-15-09-0163.jpg

IMG_may-15-09-0164.jpg

IMG_may-15-09-0165.jpg

IMG_may-15-09-0166.jpg

IMG_may-15-09-0167.jpg

IMG_may-15-09-0168.jpg

IMG_may-15-09-0171.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know what % sold this place is? I noticed they pulled down one of the listings in front of the Freed sales office so I guess that means people are actually buying?

Wow! Great shots, thanks! We are moving right along now. My unit is finally glassed up (partially) and its looking nice! I'm a bit concerned because the plan showed two sliding doors to the balcony (one from living room and one from bedroom) but as of right now it looks like there is only one. I'm hoping I am just not seeing it from way down on street level because otherwise that would be a major bummer.

Mike, are you on the north or south side?

The scuttlebutt says that the Freed project slated for the Travelodge location could go over 40 metres in height. It may also house be a boutique hotel.

That being said, anyone who bought in 550 Wellington with a (permanent) park view (looking south) made a very good investment.

Not all North facing units look onto the Travelodge - Had I bought North I would have purchased the corne units.

That being said, anyone who bought in 550 Wellington with a (permanent) park view (looking south) made a very good investment.

Anyone who bought in this project made a very good investment. It does not matter if it is facing south, north, east or west, high or lower floor. All units have good layouts, the location is fantastic, good finishes, the hotel, everything is good in this project.

I'm west/south facing above the hotel so it wont impact me any. I still have my fingers crossed that I wont be too offside by the time I move in. I must say I am a bit nervous that this project has been at ~80% sold for 1.5 years. Thats over and above my general concerns for the Toronto condo market.

You think this area could support another hotel?

Walked by again today and saw they are moving fast on all the balcony railings. They painted the edges of the balconies (and maybe the tops??) but the bottom is left exposed. I like the look for the most part, but some of the undersides of the balcony are in pretty rough condition already. Are they able to blast all those stains off?

I walked by 455 Adelaide today, and the balcony undersides there were left unpainted. But that project is more of a "soft-loft" building and the untreated concrete fits well.

In my opinion, 550 Wellington would really benefit from painted balconies.

Back