Toronto 550 Wellington West and 1 Hotel | ?m | 15s | Freed | a—A

King St West (Bathurst to John St) = the new Bloor West.
King St West (Bathurst to Dufferin) = the new Annex.
Front St West (after more condos get built) = the new Scollard St.
Wellington St West = the new Yorkville Ave.
Portland St = the new Bellair
Richmond/Adelaide West of Bathurst = the new Hazelton Ave (renovated ancient Victorians going for millions)
Richmond/Adelaide East of Bathurst = the new condo alley
Bathurst St = the new Avenue Rd.
Spadina Ave = the new Yonge St.

2015 chain stores will start arriving to serve the LV crowd.

With TIFF, Ritz Carlton and Thompson Hotels nearby, plus the proximity to boutiques and art galleries on WQueenW, and all the highend supper clubs, why would any celebrities under the age of 40 wanna be seen near Yorkville?

Dean & Deluca

I may have missed this earlier in the thread, but it looks like the hotel is going to have a Dean & Deluca. I used to go there to grab a good soup and coffee when I lived in NYC. I'm pretty excited about this....a nice change from Starbucks and that crusty Kitchen Table on King. The site also says it has a "Firness Center". I'm not sure what that is but knowing Freed its so trendy I won't know until its built. :cool:

I saw all this on the toronto tab on:
http://www.60thompson.com

d&d

Good catch! I guess it was too good to be true. So any guesses on whats in that retail space on the bottom?

BTW, if they are resorting to minibar items as a selling features I'm worried. They better not usurp Toblerone's spot....a tried & true favourite.

I just received a new condo doc. The building is no longer going to be 2 seperate condo entities (one for the residents, one for the hotel), but only one instead.

I'll read it again in more detail tomorrow, but I think I remember reading that the hotel will be responsible for it's portion of the condo fees (probably split up on a per unit basis?)

And boo, the hotel gets to use the building's facilities...

New Condo Doc

Anything else interesting in that condo doc? Work moved me to Singapore, so it takes weeks to get my Toronto mail.

It will be a bit odd to have a corporate influence on the condo board no? I don't have enough experience to know exactly what implications this has.......or if I should be pissed off about it. Ha!

Anything else interesting in that condo doc? Work moved me to Singapore, so it takes weeks to get my Toronto mail.

It will be a bit odd to have a corporate influence on the condo board no? I don't have enough experience to know exactly what implications this has.......or if I should be pissed off about it. Ha!

OMG!! :eek: If this is true, this is potentially a nightmare. Imagine the drunk hotel patrons trashing common elements and then having everyone in the condo pitching in to pay for it year after year. A hotel patron does not have the same sense of ownership. I would be pissed right now. Please keep us updated on what further details you can find. This is a significant switcheroo for any current purchasers and Freed better communicate the issue fairly clearly and quickly.

Sunday, April 20, 2008:

DSC02354.jpg

Here we go again. Any chance to take a swing at Freed. Do you actually know of any backlash, or are you just making wild predictions again. Did PF steal your lunch money in grade school or what?

Back