Toronto 550 Wellington West and 1 Hotel | ?m | 15s | Freed | a—A

carturo15,

Your suspicions are on the mark. I heard that nearby 455 Adelaide, which just topped off, will only be ready for occupancy by May, 2008 (it was supposed to be September 2007, I believe). As 550 Wellington started much later, August 2008 sounds more like a sweet dream at this point.

A definite 2009 finishing date (later rather than sooner) is more realistic.

Based on their questionable accuracy, I thing developers employ psychics to predict the original occupancy dates. Sometimes they get lucky.

Retail Component

Courtyard%202.jpg

Retail space will be 5,735 sq. ft.
Here are the details:
http://www.jjb.com/Client/JJB/JJBNA%20Web%20Listing%20db.nsf/5b1d91a237abc91f852570d800775fbc/4ab6a8e3ca9ba78e852572eb0068efa5!OpenDocument
http://www.jjb.com/Client/JJB/JJBNA%20Web%20Listing%20db.nsf/5b1d91a237abc91f852570d800775fbc/4ab6a8e3ca9ba78e852572eb0068efa5/$FILE/550Wellington_Floorplan.pdf

I didn't realize that they were going to recreate the end of Crangle's there.

Uh... good.

0.84!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

I am looking forward to the public amenities here, like the outdoor skating rink in the winter and a midblock connection between wellington and stewart. It will be a nice complement to Victoria Square. The whole project is amazing.

Apparently they will offer body work, but only in the spa.

^You'd probably be outnumbered by former suburbanite kids who learned to drive a John Deere lawn mower.

Well, if you factor in International Harvester, you'll have to factor in Birthday, Crystal Meth, Dubya, Incest, Jitney, and Witney as well

Ahhh, the Spucklers. Somehow I don't associate 550 Wellington or Thompson Hotels with the Spucklers.

I bought in this building (for myself to live in), and just found out that they're slating occupancy for my floor in the fall of 2009.

Original occupancy was supposed to be August 2008. Since I'm on a high floor, it probably was supposed to be in fall of this year.

They're going to occupy the hotel units first. This sucks, one more year of waiting.

On a positive note, the 550 website now has a live construction webcam! Probably more for the builder to crack the whip, if anything.

Is it my imagination or did no earlier rendering show that Crangle's add on? It sure is ... well, crangled in there, isn't it?

I'm not sure that *550 looks better with the Art Deco (Art Nouveau?) bits tacked on, and it does make you wonder what happened to the poor ole Crangles building.

Here's a question - would Crangles be old and interesting enough for the Facade District Square just east of Yonge? Would that be better than what will happen to it, given that the rest of the building is irretrievable?

I bought a condo in this project, it does not surprise me Fall 2009 as occupancy date, they started construction in June last year, even the most optimistic person could believe that they could build more than 300 units in 14months, so it's normal

Back