Toronto 50 Scollard | 147.62m | 41s | Lanterra | Foster + Partners

Today

IMG_3313.jpeg

IMG_3323.jpeg

when it comes to plantings it's very important to remember the challenges Toronto's climate presents.. it's not always as easy as one may think to do these things. If even possible, complex landscape elements often need far more complex maintenance schedules than other climates to ensure a healthy planting.

There’s the Toronto Island hedge maze.

It’s also because very formal gardens are not in vogue right now. The trend is definitely toward natural looking, pollinator-friendly.

Personally, I’ve always found topiary to be needlessly fussy outside of specific contexts: French formal gardens, university grounds, the Shining, Edward Scissorhands, etc, etc

The glazing and windowframes on this one look fantastic - what a delight! It's amazing that they've pulled such great results out of such minimal means.
...I think this also alleviates a lot of fears when toning down the cladding in the renders that they where planning to VE the tower, which is so far from what we actually seeing currently. And thank goodness!

I actually like topiaries, though not the kind of kitschy Disney-esque ones that resembles animals, people or other objects very literally. It will bring a unique stately and whimsical touch to this project. Though it’s bad Feng Shui as topiaries, like bonsais, is a process to limit, stunt and/or manipulate the tree or plant’s natural growth pattern, rather than having them grow free.

I also really like the colour of the windows. So nice so see a finish that is supposed to emulate bronze or copper without looking like an unfortunate off-shade of poop (there are a number of condo projects that feature this colour).

Back