Toronto 4804-4812 Yonge Street | ?m | 1s | Dov Capital

A week in the life of the NW intersection courtesy of JOTDOG.

Top image is from Sept 28th and bottom image is from Oct 7th.
NW-Yonge-and-Sheppard-week.jpg

I shot the site today and that a small building. Looks like the area to the north will be parking and access by the lane way only to the north.

Odd way to build a basement. Once that is done, then the steel structure can go up.

Saw some steel beams going up today on this site. Looks like McDonald's will be be moving to the corner soon.

It's about time they did something useful with that empty plot of land. Being the epicentre of North York, you would think there would be a huge development there but I guess this is better than nothing, for now.

It's about time they did something useful with that empty plot of land. Being the epicentre of North York, you would think there would be a huge development there but I guess this is better than nothing, for now.

Remember that the TTC wanted a multi story building that would include the bus terminal to the west on this site or linking to this site.

I am wondering on the fate of the building to the north, 4820 Yonge; I could not find anything on the web about development of it.

Here is the view showing only the former Hakim Optical location (McDonald's is on the north end of the building).

4820 Ynge, Google St vu.jpg

Attachments

• 4820 Ynge Ggle St vu.jpg
    4820 Ynge Ggle St vu.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 402
  • 4820 Ynge, Google St vu.jpg
    4820 Ynge, Google St vu.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 524
Last edited by a moderator:
I was talking to the manager at the McDonalds in the small building immediately north of there, and he said they are scheduled to move into this new building in March.

Looks like temporary infill, kind of like the LCBO @ King/Spadina. May in a decade or so, they can combine this, the TTC land, and the adjacent low-rise building into a beast mega project. That would be my dream, considering this should be NYCC's premier intersection.

Back