Toronto 425 Bloor West | 105.4m | 30s | The Brown Group | Arcadis

Resubmission with changes summarized in the table below
1728329502009.png

1728329516280.png

Note that the residential unit count of 407 is using knockout panels. The total without knockout panels is 451.

Additionally there have been some slight massing changes, mainly to the podium, visible in the updated renderings below:
PLN - Architectural Plans - ArchitecturalDrawings_425Bloor-2.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - ArchitecturalDrawings_425Bloor-33.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - ArchitecturalDrawings_425Bloor-34.jpg

Resubmission with changes summarized in the table below
View attachment 602389
View attachment 602390

Note that the residential unit count of 407 is using knockout panels. The total without knockout panels is 451.

Additionally there have been some slight massing changes, mainly to the podium, visible in the updated renderings below:
View attachment 602392
View attachment 602393
View attachment 602394

IF they pull this one off, with good materials, it would be one of Arcadis best efforts. I'm afraid Toronto builders have made me a tad cynical, but I shall live in hope, LOL

Thinking about it what really bothers me about these value adding exercises, is the amount of effort put in by city planning, (and paid for by us ratepayers) with no tangible benefit back to the city. Perhaps city spent hours should be back billable if there is a title transfer prior to development?

Thinking about it what really bothers me about these value adding exercises, is the amount of effort put in by city planning, (and paid for by us ratepayers) with no tangible benefit back to the city. Perhaps city spent hours should be back billable if there is a title transfer prior to development?
If the City didn't want to waste everyone's time, maybe they could adopt a zoning bylaw newer than 1986? The "tangible benefit" used to be the S.37 extraction, but since the introduction of CBC, that dog won't hunt any longer.

I hate the zone-n-flip cottage industry just as much anyone, but there is a reason why it exists.

Back