1680249763927.png

From the Docs:

1680249856555.png

Site Plan:

1680249908375.png

Ground Floor Plan:

1680249975044.png

1680250235863.png

I'm not complaining, but it's curious they think this location can support that parking ratio. Design looks decent and digging the ground level. Average unit size seems okay. Just make sure this one has enough elevators and we're good to go.

Might be a good idea to coordinate the S.37 contributions in this area--get some fixes to Dundas through this stretch, it's getting shabby. Give the developers extra height to make the numbers work.

In the long term, maybe the Dundas-Royal York intersection can be reconfigured into something more pedestrian friendly.

I'm not complaining, but it's curious they think this location can support that parking ratio. Design looks decent and digging the ground level. Average unit size seems okay. Just make sure this one has enough elevators and we're good to go.

Might be a good idea to coordinate the S.37 contributions in this area--get some fixes to Dundas through this stretch, it's getting shabby. Give the developers extra height to make the numbers work.

In the long term, maybe the Dundas-Royal York intersection can be reconfigured into something more pedestrian friendly.
I wouldn't mind if the highway-esque nature of the intersection were completely normalized akin to what was done at Six Points.

I like the look of this one. Also agree they should be going for 15-20 here, but what we saw across the street with Dunpar shows that they may not allow anything above 10 stories. I hope the province pushes for higher densities here. A long term plan for a Go Station at Royal York/Dundas (in addition to one at Jane) as part of SmartTrack/Go Toronto network would support the higher densities. An issue here is that Prince Edward does not have any transit north of Bloor, and it's a walk (5-10 mins) to get to Royal York St. to then wait for a bus to get the Royal York Station. The 40 bus frequency needs to be improved.

Another exciting project for the area. The main facade is rather dull and will likely darken with car exhaust, dust, and weather. But it's nice to see another bit of pedestrian-friendly mixed-use urban fabric being added to this stretch of Dundas. One day, it'll be an attractive, vibrant, and walkable main street area.

I like the look of this one. Also agree they should be going for 15-20 here, but what we saw across the street with Dunpar shows that they may not allow anything above 10 stories. I hope the province pushes for higher densities here. A long term plan for a Go Station at Royal York/Dundas (in addition to one at Jane) as part of SmartTrack/Go Toronto network would support the higher densities. An issue here is that Prince Edward does not have any transit north of Bloor, and it's a walk (5-10 mins) to get to Royal York St. to then wait for a bus to get the Royal York Station. The 40 bus frequency needs to be improved.
I dont know where all this talk of a "proposed GO station" comes from these days. This is CP track along this area, so if they wont even budge on allowing more passenger train traffic, then they most definitely wont allow for additional stations that will slow down or have any potential for interfering with their operations. In short, dont expect to see a station here in any of our lifetimes until the day that the Missing Link is built.

As such, I believe the proposed density in more than appropriate for the area as is.

I dont know where all this talk of a "proposed GO station" comes from these days. This is CP track along this area, so if they wont even budge on allowing more passenger train traffic, then they most definitely wont allow for additional stations that will slow down or have any potential for interfering with their operations. In short, dont expect to see a station here in any of our lifetimes until the day that the Missing Link is built.

As such, I believe the proposed density in more than appropriate for the area as is.
I don't see anyone mentioning a proposed Go station anywhere in this thread? Are you seeing something I'm not? I brought up that it would be a convenient spot for one in terms of planning long term - my own idea, nothing proposed.

That's the great thing about removed parking minimums. Imagine if this was forced to have a parking ratio of .50 or .75? It might make the project a non-starter, with the rules as they are they can offer as much parking as they can afford to, and push for the sale of the other units as best they can. Someone will buy it, even if it's an investor who rents it out to someone without a car.

More individuals without cars will attract local businesses and cycling and transit infrastructure, and future buildings can more easily justify the lower parking ratio. It's a self-fulfilling policy.

Filing some of the 10k shots I took this year and found this from July 9th.
1703620066009.jpeg

Back