Toronto 415 Yonge | 231m | 66s | Marwest | Kirkor Architects

Wow!! This definitely belongs on the waterfront ! Just look at the detailed vertical fins straddling along the sides of the building. Too bad you have to loose the old facades slabs etc. Nice detailed modern building in my opinion! The height is still fine at 61 from 69 storeys. This is what the new tower Concord Sky next door going up should of looked like!

Wow!! This definitely belongs on the waterfront ! Just look at the detailed vertical fins straddling along the sides of the building. Too bad you have to loose the old facades slabs etc. Nice detailed modern building in my opinion! The height is still fine at 61 from 69 storeys. This is what the new tower Concord Sky next door going up should of looked like!

You misread.

The floor count has gone UP to 69 floors, not down to 61.

However, the height is a smidge shorter in this proposal, because most of the office/commercial floors have been removed in favour of residential only excepting grade.

Last edited:
Truthfully I dont even know what to make of this latest iteration. It's better than the last one, but it's still a mess.

I dont know what they're trying to accomplish wish the mish-mashed vertical fins, but it needs to be applied better. For starters make it uniform (not the jumbled mess that it is now).

The podium itself is an absolute disaster on all sides. The whole thing needs to be redesigned; it gets a big fat D for disaster (with the Yonge frontage getting an F).

I know its not the best source, but BlogTO just posted some updated renderings of this development here (https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-...lace-toronto-office-building-69-storey-tower/)

The source is the AIC.

New Arch. Plans were uploaded December 29, 2021 buried under the old 2017 (then OMB) appeal.

Ground Floor Plan:

1641842312801.png

SMH.........not a good use of space.......

1641842528540.png

1641842572036.png

1641842694164.png

1641843025017.png

1641842979227.png

1641842876870.png

Attachments

• 1641842784374.png
    1641842784374.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
You misread.

The floor count has gone UP to 69 floors, not down to 61.

However, the height is a smidge shorter in this proposal, because all the office/commercial floors have been removed in favour of residential only excepting grade.
It not the same height as the Aura so that's what through me off! But thanks for the info!

No offence, but I do not get these posts about "this belongs on the waterfront". Good buildings belong everywhere: The waterfront and on Yonge Street and in North York and in Thornhill. (one could even argue that more people see buildings in the city, than on the waterfront or from the Island)

And yes the podium sucks. It looks institutional and does not add to or enhance the important Yonge streetscape. (but hey, it belongs on the waterfront).

Are you the new AG around here??

No offence, but I do not get these posts about "this belongs on the waterfront". Good buildings belong everywhere: The waterfront and on Yonge Street and in North York and in Thornhill. (one could even argue that more people see buildings in the city, than on the waterfront or from the Island)

And yes the podium sucks. It looks institutional and does not add to or enhance the important Yonge streetscape. (but hey, it belongs on the waterfront).
The waterfront to me plays an important part in advertising the character and beautiness of a city centre like Chicago does . And the buildings in the front row is basically what photographers and the public here and around the world view. So they should have an impact on uniqueness and colour. Like this tower does with it's detailed white fins columns that create a beautiful nice pattern. That's not really seen in this city. There's only a handful that I see that are nice in this waterfront area.

The waterfront to me plays an important part in advertising the character and beautiness of a city centre like Chicago does . And the buildings in the front row is basically what photographers and the public here and around the world view. So they should have an impact on uniqueness and colour. Like this tower does with it's detailed white fins columns that create a beautiful nice pattern. That's not really seen in this city. There's only a handful that I see that are nice in this waterfront area.

Those fins are garbage, as is the rest of this ensemble. This is about as nice as Lighthouse - without the base to go with it.

Haven't our waterfront suffered enough from these 3rd rate projects?

AoD

Those fins are garbage, as is the rest of this ensemble. This is about as nice as Lighthouse - without the base to go with it.

Haven't our waterfront suffered enough from these 3rd rate projects?

AoD
You to be kidding me !! I can understand the podium is not much to talk about. But the tower portion could be tweaked alittle but not bad. Those cream columns that are zagged in design as fins along with the dark blue glazed windows and rounded corners rock!!! It looks like a sculpture. Take a close look at it no balconies too lols !

You to be kidding me !! I can understand the podium is not much to talk about. But the tower portion could be tweaked alittle but not bad. Those cream columns that are zagged in design as fins along with the dark blue glazed windows and rounded corners rock!!! It looks like a sculpture. Take a close look at it no balconies too lols !

Granted, @AlvinofDiaspar was auditioning for PE's role of maximum thrash with minimum verbiage.............but I'm really closer to Alvin's position on this than yours.

The podium is worse than regrettable.......

But this....., This! :

1641855103227.png

Looks like someone gave a toddler scissors and set them loose on the wrapping paper..........now if you do that with the left-over Dollar Store stuff for the people you don't really like...... that's one thing......

If you do it with a 69-storey building visible several km away...........that's another entirely.

The fins aren't great either........but they might be the least irritating part of the design......

The fins are extremely busy and messy. There is no elegance to this tower at all. Lake Point Tower it is not.

I like the initiative but I'm not sure those vertical fins with abrupt start finishes are going to look as good executed as they do in the renderings. A bit busy here however it's different which is something positive for this city. Fins at The Well and 19 Duncan have been surprisingly positive. As with everything else built will depend on the execution.

Back