Toronto 400 Front Street | 195.75m | 59s | State Building Group | Kirkor Architects

Yeah but Garbage?, that's kind of heavy for what's just a scribble on paper for now
...garbage is probably more aptly succinct than the mouthful "constructed straw man" for one though. As no one is suggesting we should live stuck in the 90's as you have just claimed of certain posters.

What should be read into this parking lot vs. crap buildings debate is that we are mostly looking for better buildings to have been developed instead. So that's a fair and reasonable criticism. But I think you know that already...

To be honest with you all my main beef here is the square looks unfinished with 2 parking lots attached. I'm not very excited in what's being proposed. I would much prefer another similar sized brick building beside the one to the south and to the east a 3 floor brick podium with pubs/restaurants in the bottom and a condo tower set back to the most Eastern portion of the main east parking lot but I know that's not going to happen. Another missed opportunity here.

Haha, it figures that many don't even give the development a chance to get off the ground because of either the architect or the developer,🤣
And why should we? If any given architect/developer are going to keep consistently putting up trash products, we already know what to anticipate and there's no point expecting anything to change.

Put it differently; if someone consistently didn't care about their appearance/dressed like a junky/never shaved or showered, would you expect them all of a sudden to randomly start cleaning up their appearance because they felt like it?

Most likely not, because it would take something significant for them to change their ways.

Haha, it figures that many don't even give the development a chance to get off the ground because of either the architect or the developer,🤣

You have been here since what, 2007 - you should have seen enough by now to judge and know - if not by the combination of developer and architect, then by the documentation posted. Garbage, this is. So is 365.

AoD

...I think I'm regretting for coming off overly optimistic here. /le sigh

Yea, no matter how much optimism you have, you can't deny that Kirkor or G n C is bad news bears. This will probably be like the Concord projects...I dont trust State Group to make something good out of a Kirkor design.

Kirkor has put SHOP, Norman Foster, Gehry and Roger Stirk to shame, what a masterpiece @Automation Gallery
1610032205520.png

1610032491819.png

Last edited:

Back