Toronto 399 Yonge | 252.3m | 75s | Capital Developments | Teeple Architects

When Ed and '42' agree to put FSI in the database for every project you need to get a gig helping them out from memory! LOL

I tried lookiing up a few that weren't super recent ...............not so easy.
We are tracking FSI, but it and a number of other stats in our database files are only accessible via UT Pro.

Not sure if all of these were already posted.

03 Street.png
04 Front.png
05 Up.png
01 Hero.png
02 Morning.png

Argh. This is like the worst of Toronto planning and architecture all wrapped up into one aesthetic.
In the even that this actually does get built (I have my doubts), dont worry there's 0% chance we see the gold/bronzed colour make it through the process. This is Toronto, we're allergic to that kind of thing.

^^ there's free prescriptions at Shoppers today for "happy pills" and new zoom lens glasses.

In Ed's 2nd pic, closer on the cladding/historic facade... it looks pretty much exactly like what material palette promised. And I for one goldie likes it.

I think the randomly staggered window trend has run its course. This looks dated to me.
So is the random vertical lines trend. Or maybe in this case they're meant to blend in with Aura's broken crown lighting (it's just across the street after all).

I think the randomly staggered window trend has run its course. This looks dated to me.
So is the random vertical lines trend. Or maybe in this case they're meant to blend in with Aura's broken crown lighting (it's just across the street after all).

Except these aren't random pre-cast (or spandrel) vertical stripes tacked on... they are angled gold (x2) aluminum panels... window frames with "light play".

But I'll give up now. :confused:👏

Except these aren't random pre-cast (or spandrel) vertical stripes tacked on... they are angled gold (x2) aluminum panels... window frames with "light play".

But I'll give up now. :confused:👏
The gold aluminum panels are not the issue, rather the randomness of the proportions and gap-toothed cut-outs. The semi-gloss/mullion-laden window-wall also adds to the tiring funky cheapness that defined so much of 2008-2018 in the GTA (and much of Canada)

I prefer architecture that embraces the classical golden ratio , whether it's Georgian , Beaux Arts or Miesian.

To no one's surprise..............

This one is the subject of an Appeal Report (formerly Request for Direction Report) coming to the next meeting of TEYCC:

From the above:

1673883376073.png

1673883405731.png

1673883498484.png

Comments: The City very clearly wants some setback for the tower behind the heritage facades on Yonge and also wants a widening of the sidewalk on Gerrard. That combination would eat in to the floorplate on a very small site. Not sure there's anything viable here. There is real distance between the proposal and something that might be acceptable.

399-401 Yonge Street
January 24, 2022
6:30 PM – Virtual Hearing

Virtual meeting to discuss Rezoning Application for a 76-storey mixed-use building having 828 dwelling units and a non-residential gross floor area of 191.84 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 53409.67 square metres.
DevApp | Register

Back