Toronto 372 Yonge | 278m | 85s | Yonge & Gerrard Partners | DIALOG

@Northern Light
Re: OLT case management conference

Interesting that Great Eagle (Chelsea Green/33 Gerrard) was one of 2 neighbours "that were made parties to the proceedings. There were no requests for participant status."

Does this mean the OLT gave them a heads up but they declined to participate?

@Northern Light
Re: OLT case management conference

Interesting that Great Eagle (Chelsea Green/33 Gerrard) was one of 2 neighbours "that were made parties to the proceedings. There were no requests for participant status."

Does this mean the OLT gave them a heads up but they declined to participate?
No. It means Great Eagle is a full party to the proceedings and can participate fully. However, it appears that no other group sought any kind of status before the OLT.

...not to knock the concept of this *fake* proposal, but it does look like an erect re-enforced balloon sculpture. So I doubt it has any real merit in reality to begin with, IMO.

Toronto Model 07-16-22 372 Yonge.png

The fictional proposal here is the subject of a real settlement offer.

However, the details of that offer remain confidential for now.

This is all we get til a later date:

1659796567364.png

...the After here though may likely be a 248 metre nothing burger.

Last edited:
This one is coming to Council next week with a revised proposal, new docs Oct '23:

@Art Tsai will wish to make note.

Chutzpah below, LOL - Increase height, increase residential GFA, slash commercial GFA, slash setbacks and separation distances and a 50% increase in units.... over 600 of 'em, with only 4 elevators :O

Edit to add, the new docs are in the reports to Council, now linked below:

1702047007107.png

1702047047100.png

1702047074583.png

1702047112445.png

1702046969050.png

Last edited:
Although it's definitely problematic in how it springs from the old stock at street level, I rather like the carved-out massing and rounded glass corners near the base of this sleek glass tower. Were it actually real, it could be quite elegant.

I’m sure in they same way they’ve flattened the crown and removed the curved tower portion, the rounded glass will also be removed soon

I’m sure in they same way they’ve flattened the crown and removed the curved tower portion, the rounded glass will also be removed soon
Yup.... no doubt. But if this is merely an up-zoning exercise, then it's all a fiction anyway and whatever we end up getting, it won't be what's been depicted thus far.

Back